DVDVR Message Board

2018 INDIE WRESTLING THREAD

17 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

PCO v La Parka from MLW was everything I wanted it to be, PCO is nuts, absolutely next level bonkers.

Yeah, I definitely recommend it too. It was that crazy kind of fun two insane older wrestlers bring to the table. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Six String Orchestra said:

Yeah, I definitely recommend it too. It was that crazy kind of fun two insane older wrestlers bring to the table. 

I was watching these two dudes square off and thought "God damn, I love wrestling". Not sure if MLW needs its own thread but I'm enjoying it a lot more than a lot of other shows these days.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Godfrey said:

I was watching these two dudes square off and thought "God damn, I love wrestling". Not sure if MLW needs its own thread but I'm enjoying it a lot more than a lot of other shows these days.

I think it should have its own thread and the Evolve thread might as well be absorbed into the nxt thread.

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

Well if you wanted tickets for Janela Spring Break 3 then you are screwed because they sold out in about 7 minutes.

I came here to post this. That's nuts. But JJSB shows have been the 2 most entertaining shows these past 2 WM weekends so that should be no surprise.

1 hour ago, Edwin said:

I came here to post this. That's nuts. But JJSB shows have been the 2 most entertaining shows these past 2 WM weekends so that should be no surprise.

The rep they have built the last two years combined with the fact that they are running a smaller building (700 seats compared to 2500 last year) an on-sale sellout was practically a given.

On 10/30/2018 at 12:21 PM, Edwin said:

$200+ for a front row ticket to JJSB3...

tenor.gif

$200 for JJSB > $200 for Mania. You KNOW what's going to be the show that gives you your money's worth and then some.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, sabremike said:

$200 for JJSB > $200 for Mania. You KNOW what's going to be the show that gives you your money's worth and then some.

I'd say WM gives you the least for your money vs. any other show that weekend.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2018 at 2:19 PM, Curt McGirt said:

So did anything interesting happen on the Jericho cruise? Did neckbeards get thrown off? Who went in the pool? Did they run out of PBR?

Check the October photo thread

Just in case it wasn't know - per the new WON

Bruce Prichard is no longer with MLW, although this has nothing to do with his podcast. Konnan will be moved up to Prichard’s spot as senior producer and lead agent with the promotion as well as bing part of creative. Konnan ran the locker room at the last show and Court Bauer said that it went great. The key people with the promotion going forward are Bauer, MSL, Konnan and Alex Greenfield. The younger talent related better to Konnan and didn’t like Prichard with the word being that there was a generation gap in the perception of what wrestling should be. Tommy Dreamer, Low Ki and Sami Callihan will continue to work as agents.

• Like 1

Since they said the problem wasn't about his podcast, the problem was obviously with his podcast so what the fuck did he say to get booted?

It also wouldn't be the first time that Bruce Pritchard was accused of being out of touch with the locker room.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

It also wouldn't be the first time that Bruce Pritchard was accused of being out of touch with the locker room.

Most of these old guys are very out of touch. I work with Tim Flowers (yes, THAT Tim Flowers whom every podcast tells a crazy story about) several weeks out of the year and he has a set way of doing things that just...is what it is. I find the old boys go to the same well, over and over again. I find myself doing it every once in a while and force myself not to: I've only been doing this 16 years so I can't be "that old" yet, can I?

I just met Tommy Dreamer last weekend and he's very quiet and laid-back and super supportive of young talent, so he's a great agent to have.

• Like 3