DVDVR Message Board

2018 INDIE WRESTLING THREAD

7 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

Low Ki vs. Fenix from MLW TV this week is one of the best matches of the TV so far and next week we get the Mexican Massacre Match. 

Salina added to the match with great heel manager work on the outside. 

Seconded, as I was coming here to post the same thing. Great work from both guys and the finish ruled.

• Like 2

When is BOLA gonna be  on SmartMarkVideo or Highspots because I might have to check out AAWs Jim Lynam memorial Tourney from this weekend too.

Looks like im going to cancel the my WWE Network and NJ world for a minute cause I wont be able to keep watch all this wrestling and I think I want to focus on the Indie scene for a minute.

17 minutes ago, FlaeBlazer said:

Apparently WWE is now working with wXw. I had a feeling this was coming.

Where did you hear that?

EDIT: The Robbie Brookside training seminar?

I know CMJ stood down today - apparently a stress related illness.

On 10/1/2018 at 2:24 PM, Liam said:

Where did you hear that?

EDIT: The Robbie Brookside training seminar?

I know CMJ stood down today - apparently a stress related illness.

This was the blurb from the WON yesterday

wXw just announced major changes in the company. Co-owner and CEO Christian Jakobi is taking a leave of absence due to occupational burnout. He has been running the promotion and the training school and was working ridiculous hours, as well as running and booking the events and handling administrative duties. He was also an on-air talent and worked in character development and promo classes at the school. The weekly Shotgun television show that was on their streaming service has been canceled because it wasn't getting the numbers they were hoping for. Instead, they will run feature events to advance storylines and deliver higher caliber matches. The final episode of Shotgun will be on Wednesday. They will tape a show called Shotgun XXL on Sunday for airing on 10/19. They will tape on 10/27 and 11/24 in Cologne and 12/16 in Bielefeld. Jakobi's weekly Q&A show on YouTube is also going on hiatus. They will also change their touring schedule and run shorter tours putting an emphasis on quality rather than quantity. They still expect to run 65 to 80 shows in 2019. They are also no longer handling their own ticket sales but will work with EventBrite and Eventim. Jakobi worked as Ilja Dragunov's on-screen manager on Progress in the build for the Ilja Dragunov vs. Pete Dunne match. It's also clear that WWE and wXw now have a working agreement similar to Evolve, Progress and ICW. Robbie Brookside, a WWE coach, was at the wXw school last week along with SVP of Talent Development Canyon Ceman. They were scouting talent for a November tryout camp.

22 hours ago, J.T. said:

Well "Big Card' is questionable with MCW but that is just my opinion.  The show will probably be over at 10:30 so if you can find a bar/restaurant within a half hour you should be fine to see final 2 or 3 fights.    I remember having to do that on the UFC PPV with Aldo vs Connor because CZW Cage of Death was running that same night.  

Destiny Wrestling in Mississauga was going to be doing Pete Dunne vs. Josh Alexander this weekend (completely legit, as Dunne has wrestled for them numerous times).  Now they're saying Dunne is injured and they have LOW-KI as a replacement.  Not sure what the chances are of that match actually happening, but I bought a ticket anyway.  They've got Moustache Mountain vs. the Crists on the undercard too.