DVDVR Message Board

2018 INDIE WRESTLING THREAD

We need to get American Balloon back in the ring. I know he's done commentary in English for some of the shows, but he needs to find his way back into the ring. I remember him posting around these parts back in the green and yellow board days.

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

Now if we can only figure out how to sneak Speedball Mike Bailey  through the border and back again safely.     Part of me thinks that in order for it to a true DDT show it has to be in an amusement park or the woods

Maybe PCO can swallow Bailey, then crap him out once in the US.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I don't know how many of you have seen this. I found it while watching the latest MLW episode on Youtube. I recommend checking out that episode. The main event is PCO vs. Brody King. Without further ado:

They had a nice little Double DQ brawl last week on MLW that is obviously laying the groundwork for a classic War of the Gargantua angle.

7 hours ago, Player One said:

If you told me that Pierre Carl Ouelett would become one of the biggest names on the indy circuit in 2018, i would have called you names.  His comeback is really remarkable.

Kudos to him for reinventing himself by finding a new gimmick and working a less is more style so that he stays healthy..

3 hours ago, Edwin said:

We need to get American Balloon back in the ring. I know he's done commentary in English for some of the shows, but he needs to find his way back into the ring. I remember him posting around these parts back in the green and yellow board days.

He posted the most awesome ramen recipe.  I think I still have it somewhere.  I am afraid to try and make it because I'm pretty sure I'd fuck the broth up.

Yeah as of now there at least 2 or 3 shows in Brooklyn,  a ton of shows in Manhattan, a ton of shows in Jersey City, and I am sure a ton other shows all over New York City.  Unless you are a master of New York city public transportation; your choices are going to be limited to a particular venue or brand.  Which is kind of bullshit.   Remember when the biggest complaint was that Gabe's WWN live shows were 20 miles away from Orlando.  That is a dream right now

but look on the bright side, at least the Bullet Club is going to run their second show during WM weekend:

No Bullet Babes will be detected there ? ?

5 hours ago, Edwin said:

We need to get American Balloon back in the ring. I know he's done commentary in English for some of the shows, but he needs to find his way back into the ring. I remember him posting around these parts back in the green and yellow board days

I wonder what ever came of his Mongolian wrestling endeavor? That was an interesting fucking life that guy was living.

27 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Yeah as of now there at least 2 or 3 shows in Brooklyn,  a ton of shows in Manhattan, a ton of shows in Jersey City, and I am sure a ton other shows all over New York City.  Unless you are a master of New York city public transportation; your choices are going to be limited to a particular venue or brand.  Which is kind of bullshit.   Remember when the biggest complaint was that Gabe's WWN live shows were 20 miles away from Orlando.  That is a dream right now

but look on the bright side, at least the Bullet Club is going to run their second show during WM weekend:

No Bullet Babes will be detected there ? ?

I'd stick to either North Jersey or Manhattan. Getting to Brooklyn is kind of a pain in the ass. Of course, I'm already going to the ROH/NJPW G1, so we'll see if I do any others.

On 9/21/2018 at 8:07 PM, bobholly138 said:

Some friends are starting up a lucha libre fed based in Mississippi. First show is next year on May 4th. But with today being National Lucha Libre day they have released a short vid.

We never got cool shit like this when I lived in the Brandon area in high school :(

• Like 2

From the new WON

Nicole Matthews, who just worked the Mae Young Classic, had issues coming across the border recently and is now like Mike Bailey, where she is banned from coming to the U.S. for five years.

• Sad 3

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 8:22 PM, Eivion said:

Tell me more about this recipe.

Oh, God.  It involves making the kombu daishi and tare like a day in advance, as well as marinating and slow cooking a pork shoulder for twelve hours.

I am a good enough cook to pull it off, but I am intimidated by the prep time.

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Oh, God.  It involves making the kombu daishi and tare like a day in advance, as well as marinating and slow cooking a pork shoulder for twelve hours.

I am a good enough cook to pull it off, but I am intimidated by the prep time.

I'd probably be pushing most of the actual cooking on my older brother. Never dealt with kombu daishi or tare so that would be new to us. We've only made ramen twice though and neither ended up super great though the second one was ok.

On 9/27/2018 at 5:38 PM, DreamBroken said:

fuck that's awful. Would love to see impact use her whenever they go back to Canada.

I don't think Impact has used "Speedball" Mike Bailey the whole time they've been in Canada. That seems like a strange move. 

I think it's also a bit odd Impact has never brought in the SSB. I know they both have jobs outside of wrestling. I'm not sure if it's Uno or Stu Grayson, but one of them works for the Canadian government. I would think Impact taping a lot at once wouldn't interfere with their non-wrestling commitments.

22 hours ago, bobholly138 said:

This is one of the first big events in Brandon in years.

Of any kind :P

Seriously though, the only wrestling we got in the mid-late 90's in the greater Jackson area was Deep South(which I can't find ANY footage of), and an occasional WCW house show. I know WWE started running more than in the 2000's. The population boom of Pearl and Brandon since I moved has probably made it easier to run events like this.

1 hour ago, RandomAct said:

Of any kind :P

Seriously though, the only wrestling we got in the mid-late 90's in the greater Jackson area was Deep South(which I can't find ANY footage of), and an occasional WCW house show. I know WWE started running more than in the 2000's. The population boom of Pearl and Brandon since I moved has probably made it easier to run events like this.

Now you have Pro Wrestling EGO running Jackson and all the town's around Jackson. There is a tiny bit of Deep South footage out there.  But not much.

The issue is drawing a crowd in the Jackson and surrounding towns. Most shows EGO get 100 to 150 people.