2018 Battle of Los Angeles First Round Match
CIMA def Jody Fleisch via Meteora

Bandido def T-Hawk via somersault fall away slam from second rope

“Bad Boy” Joey Janela def “The Product” David Starr via superkick

Brody King def PCO via Gonzo Bomb

Ringkampf (Timothy Thatcher & WALTER) def Ilja Dragunov & Shingo Takagi when Thatcher pinned Dragunov

Looks pretty good, although there is one outcome I'm disappointed with. It's not that I don't like that particular wrestler, but I like his opponent a whole lot more.

On 8/25/2018 at 1:47 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I know wrestling is full of shitty people, but Nick Gage is really a piece of shit. I wish that motherfucker was still in jail. 

You good sir, have pretty much encapsulated my thoughts and feelings when I saw Penta vs. Nick Gage at Joey Janela's Spring Break 2 in Louisiana this past April.  The crowd was cheering Gage like he was a hero or something.  I just wanted Penta to stiff the bajeezus out of him.

• Thanks 1

That MLW WarGames match, yikes... This was a notch above their first WarGames match years ago, but still... I don't want to be overly critical, so I'll just leave it at that.

1 hour ago, Justin877 said:

You good sir, have pretty much encapsulated my thoughts and feelings when I saw Penta vs. Nick Gage at Joey Janela's Spring Break 2 in Louisiana this past April.  The crowd was cheering Gage like he was a hero or something.  I just wanted Penta to stiff the bajeezus out of him.

Gulak was proven right about everything he said on the mic in CZW about Gage and his cult like fanatics. 

• Like 1

On 9/12/2018 at 8:52 PM, clintthecrippler said:

I have also mentioned this a few times on the board, I was very disappointed when I saw Maunakea Mossman's name in PWI Japan results and found out a few years later that he was just some dude and not a guy doing a "He-Man" Mossman gimmick.

Amusingly, it's his real name.

5 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

Gulak was proven right about everything he said on the mic in CZW about Gage and his cult like fanatics. 

NICK FUCKIN' GAGE, MDK IS A GANG, MURDER DEATH KILL. *shrug* He served his time, if he's a dick he's a dick, I have nothing against him unless he breaks the law again. That or he convinces his brother to get back in the ring.

• Like 1

BOLA Night 2 Results

Spoiler

PWG 09/15/18 Battle of Los Angeles 2018 Night 2 Results

Trevor Lee def Marko Stunt via double stomp

Jonah Rock def Sammy Guevara by submission of a capture dragon sleeper

Robbie Eagles def DJZ by submission of a reverse figure four

Jeff Cobb def Darby Allin via suplex over the ropes into the ring

Shingo Takagi def Ilja Dragunov via Made in Japan

WALTER def Timothy Thatcher via lariat after a violent match and tons of physicality

CIMA & The Rascalz (Zachary Wentz & Dezmond Xavier) def Bandido, Flamita, & Rey Horus with the a Rascalz springboard double stomp followed by CIMA’s meteora

12 hours ago, Ryan said:

Will the lucha involve beer?

there was beer there.  Show was fun, I won't spoil anything but my morning started out getting sharpies and stickers.  Next thing I know I am going to Eat n Park to pick up Rey Bucannero and Shocker and bring them to their hotel. Best surprise ever. Got the guys settled in and went back to the show to help set up.  I was asked to go back and get the guys from the hotel and then go to the airport to pick up Karistico.  While at the hotel Shocker had me come in and he was facetiming his daughter.  He had his daughter say hit to me and ask how i was doing.  Absolutely floored that he would go out of the way to do this.  We got Karistico at the airport and as a straight guy I will tell you he looked like a movie star lol.  We went to a store to get some snacks and  back to the show.  I can not speak highly enough about them.  Total class acts.   Also Ultimo Dragon was willing to give me the shirt off his back. It was the wrong size. He then apologized over and over for not bringing shirts. Again the guy was a class act who had just flown cross country to be here after working Cleveland Fri and LA Saturday.  Joel Gertner was also one of the nicest guys I have met in the business and he speaks fluent spanish.   Was an incredible day and will be shown on FITE TV this week.  Great show and time.

• Like 5

BOLA Night 3 Results

Spoiler
  • Second Round: Trevor Lee defeated Brody King
  • Second Round: Jeff Cobb defeated Rey Horus
  • Second Round: Shingo Taguchi defeated Robbie Eagles
  • Second Round: Joey Janela defeated CIMA
  • Second Round: WALTER defeated Jonah Rock
  • Second Round: Bandido defeated Flamita
  • PWG Tag Team Titles: Dezmond Xavier & Zachary Wentz retained over Pentagon Jr. & Rey Fenix
  • Third Round: Jeff Cobb defeated Trevor Lee
  • Third Round: Bandido defeated Joey Janela
  • Third Round: Shingo Taguchi defeated WALTER
  • PCO, Dan Barry, Darby Allin, Jody Fleisch & Puma King defeated Adam Brooks, DJ Z, David Starr, Timothy Thatcher & T-Hawk
  • Triple Threat Elimination Finals: Jeff Cobb defeated Shingo Taguchi & Bandido

AAW announced they will not be running in LaSalle, Illinois anymore. They cited a change in management at the venue they run, and that they no longer wanted wrestling at the venue. 

I'm not sure if there is a correlation between this and Logan Square Auditorium being pissed at Sami Callihan for breaking chairs at a recent show. 

36 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

I watched the MLW War Games match last night. It was nothing special, but I'm interested in checking out more from the promotion. Is there anything from the previous shows that I should go out of my way to see?

Darby/Callihan, Riddle/Cobb and Swerve/Riddle are my favorite matches. These are all up on YouTube from shows before they began airing on beIN SPORTS.

5 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

I watched the MLW War Games match last night. It was nothing special, but I'm interested in checking out more from the promotion. Is there anything from the previous shows that I should go out of my way to see?

I liked the middleweight title match between Joey Ryan and MJF.

PCO vs. Homicide

Lucha Bros. vs. Drago & Rey Horus

Battle Riot (40 man royal rumble) is worth checking out.

I'd watch the New Hart Foundation promos.

I don't get beIN, so I watch on MLW's youtube channel.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Have they updated the LA Park stuff yet?

It doesn't look like it. He takes on PCO on October 4th.

I'm caught up on MLW's most recent stuff, but I have to go back and check out stuff from a few months ago. I did find Rich Swann & ACH vs. the Lucha Bros, which is on my to watch list for the wee hours of Tuesday morning.

On 9/16/2018 at 11:02 PM, paintedbynumbers said:

Joel Gertner was also one of the nicest guys I have met in the business and he speaks fluent spanish.

Funny, I just watched one of the Rey/Psicosis ECW matches and he was doing the announcing in Spanish. 

Has Gage done anything recently to deserve the hate? Far as I know he was all pilled up when he did that robbery and even turned himself in. 

On 9/17/2018 at 8:43 AM, cubbymark said:

I'm not sure if there is a correlation between this and Logan Square Auditorium being pissed at Sami Callihan for breaking chairs at a recent show. 

Logan Square sucks. I went to see Subhumans and World/Inferno Friendship Society there once and they had these gigantic Aztec bouncers beating the shit out of skinny punk kids that were stagediving, to the point Dick from Subhumans had to say something about it on the mic.