DVDVR Message Board

2018 INDIE WRESTLING THREAD

On 8/6/2018 at 11:25 AM, mattdangerously said:

Exactly! You can easily get heel heat by doing a pro-Trump gimmick and saying awful things about marginalized groups of people without actually dropping inappropriate slurs. (James Woods does it on Twitter literally every day.) Regardless of how he actually feels, Adonis fucked up.

Big deal. If Sam Adonis just cut a promo about beating his girlfriend, the same workers tearing him down woulda been putting him on a pedestal and caping for him to get more bookings there.

• Haha 1

Guest Edwin

Uh... I haven't been watching Fusion, but when did Callihan and Havoc become allies? They were rivals at the shows before they began airing Fusion.

Not sure why they didn't do Team Filthy vs. the Studd Stable.

Oh BTW - MLW is running

MOTHERFUCKING  PCO vs. L.A. MOTHERFUCKING PARK!!!!!!

This is an acceptable replacement for the originally scheduled Pentagon Jr. & Rey Fenix vs. LA Park & El Hijo de LA Park match

• Like 3

Y'all need to see the British Strong Style vs. Bandido/Flamita/Horus match from last night's Progress show in Seattle when it gets uploaded. The crowd was insane the whole night but particularly for that one and it was great. Only issue was it peaked too soon. The whole card was a fucking blast and I've never heard such a crowd. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

Y'all need to see the British Strong Style vs. Bandido/Flamita/Horus match from last night's Progress show in Seattle when it gets uploaded. The crowd was insane the whole night but particularly for that one and it was great. Only issue was it peaked too soon. The whole card was a fucking blast and I've never heard such a crowd. 

2 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Do the BSS/WWE crew's matches get uploaded to Progress's On Demand? I know a lot of their indy bookings are done with a "not allowed on VOD" due to the WWE's contracts, but I know PROGRESS seems pretty friendly with WWE.

8 minutes ago, clintthecrippler said:

Do the BSS/WWE crew's matches get uploaded to Progress's On Demand? I know a lot of their indy bookings are done with a "not allowed on VOD" due to the WWE's contracts, but I know PROGRESS seems pretty friendly with WWE.

Unless something changes they are included on Demand Progress. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

How do I get in on this match? I can't retire until I make that stupid list...

God Dammit Marty

Now you are going to make me do a 500 - which will be just my opinions since no one else watches wrestling anymore

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

God Dammit Marty

Now you are going to make me do a 500 - which will be just my opinions since no one else watches wrestling anymore

Last year I figured was my chance: 42 years old, 15  years in the business and quite-literally wrestled every weekend during their 52-week timeframe. Plus my win-loss record not only was really good, I beat a lot of big names in the Pacific Northwest and had some pretty amazing matches, to boot. Multiple shows where I wrestled 2-3 times a night. Sent in my shit and got totally fabed for a bunch of scrubs that live in the Northeastern U.S. Stupid magazine.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Marty Sugar said:

Last year I figured was my chance: 42 years old, 15  years in the business and quite-literally wrestled every weekend during their 52-week timeframe. Plus my win-loss record not only was really good, I beat a lot of big names in the Pacific Northwest and had some pretty amazing matches, to boot. Multiple shows where I wrestled 2-3 times a night. Sent in my shit and got totally fabed for a bunch of scrubs that live in the Northeastern U.S. Stupid magazine.

So.. business as usual for PWI then. 

My kid and I went to eat at Boulevard Burger & Brew last night and I saw a flier taped to the door advertising an upcoming pro wrestling event.  

I had just finished off one of their famous boozy shakes, so I was not in the right mind to investigate further. 

I think the event is going down on Septermber 7th.  I want to say that it will be a Ground Xero Pro Wrestling show since that is the only fed I am aware of that is active in Central VA.