DVDVR Message Board

2018 INDIE WRESTLING THREAD

So I've been VERY quite around here for the past 6 months. 99% of which was caused by me being legit homeless. Either way, just wanted to drop in to let everyone know what's going on with CWF(if anyone cares lol). We obviously went through a lot of changes and turmoil at the start of the year. The loss of Brad Stutts and Grant Sawyer, plus putting out a pretty badly produced string of shows after that, really nuked our momentum that we gained in 2017.

I have taken on a bigger role in the company(beyond commentary) since then, and I'm hoping to really put out something that people are excited to see again. The biggest change, is that I have taken over as technical director/producer for the Worldwide show. I had to put out a couple of barebones episodes the last two weeks, due to having lost some footage, but going forward, I'd love to hear any feedback you may have, if any of you keep watching. I've never done any kind of major video editing,so I'm somewhat learning on the fly, and I'm clueless on After Effects lol. So any and all constructive feedback is welcomed and encouraged.

On a sidenote, I hope to see some of you at SCI in a couple of weeks!

• Like 3

Well that Low Ki MLW title reign sure didn't last very long.   Even funnier that the title change is actually on Fusion tonight.  Tony Schiavone  must be having WCW flashbacks.  So either he was a transitional champion which doesn't make sense given who did win it or he already pissed someone off which is very likely.   

EDIT:  Never mind wrong title.  

6 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Well that Low Ki MLW title reign sure didn't last very long.   Even funnier that the title change is actually on Fusion tonight.  Tony Schiavone  must be having WCW flashbacks.  So either he was a transitional champion which doesn't make sense given who did win it or he already pissed someone off which is very likely.   

Confused. Didn't he retain last night?

59 minutes ago, Marty Sugar said:

Confused. Didn't he retain last night?

Oh never mind my mistake.   It was the World Middleweight title that changed tonight.  Didn't even know that title existed.  

It was also announced that LA Park will appear at the October New York tapings/show

Guest Edwin
11 hours ago, hammerva said:

Oh never mind my mistake.   It was the World Middleweight title that changed tonight.  Didn't even know that title existed.

It didn't exist. That was the innaugural title match.

Seeing they are returning to NY, it's safe to say they are done running in Orlando regularly.

CcN6wKf.jpg

So, my local indy of choice is going pretty big for their 100th show. It's a relatively big step up in venue size for them, but hopefully they can come close to filling it. Pretty insane that in the space of three years indy shows in Australia have gone from thinking a crowd of 500 was a huge effort to now a lot of feds average those numbers and some are running venues where 1000+ is an achievable goal.

• Like 5

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 4:53 AM, DeadEffect said:

CcN6wKf.jpg

I have almost no idea who Jonah Rock is, but that dude looks like a fucking star. He's part of TMDK, correct? Or was a part of TMDK, I don't know if the stable still exists since MIller / Thorne came to NXT.

I just watched the MCW "Hype Reel" video on him, he looks fun as hell. I'll have to keep an eye out for him.

2 hours ago, RandomAct said:

Did Riddle double book himself in Brooklyn AND PWG?

Based on the rumors - the appropriate joke is "double booked between Brooklyn and where ever New Japan is running"

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

More Jeff Cobb on my TV is a good thing

Considering Cobb just signed with ROH - I wouldn't be so sure he actually makes that taping (since I can't imagine ROH/NJ would want him on another random show)

They have announced the 1st round BOLA matches

Night One

Adam Brooks vs. Rey Horus

Flamita vs. Puma King

David Starr vs. Joey Janela

Bandido vs. T-Hawk

CIMA vs. Jody Fleisch

Brody King vs. PCO

Night Two

Chris Brookes vs Trevor Lee

Robbie Eagles vs. DJZ

Darby Allin vs. Jeff Cobb

Ilja Dragunov vs. Jonah Rock

Travis Banks vs. Singo Takagi

WALTER vs. Timothy Thatcher

• Like 3

Those two nights are more uneven than this year's G1 blocks, damn. Night two looks fucking crazy. I'd love for Thatcher, who has played li'l brother to WALTER for a long time now, to get the big dubya. Cobb vs. Allin and Dragunov vs. Rock are immense too. Banks vs. Shingo could be pretty great too though I have a hard time getting invested in Travis Banks matches. Will cry inside when Brody King beats PCO.

BOLA non-tournament matches:

Ilja Dragunov & Shingo Tagaki vs. WALTER & Timothy Thatcher on N1 (whaaaaaaat)

Bandido, Flamita & Rey Horus vs. CIMA, Zachary Wentz & Dezmond Xavier on N2

Fenix & Penta El Zero M vs. Zachary Wentz & Dezmond Xavier for the PWG tag titles on N3

They got me wanting to make the trip again even though I absolutely cannot.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Bandido, Flamita & Rey Horus vs. CIMA, Zachary Wentz & Dezmond Xavier on N2

Fenix & Penta El Zero M vs. Zachary Wentz & Dezmond Xavier for the PWG tag titles on N3

These are going to be crazy as fuck.  I just watched Bandido & Flamita vs Wentz & Xavier from Time is a Flat Circle and it was glorious.

On 7/19/2018 at 6:05 PM, RIPPA said:

If the Simpsons taught me anything. Star Wipe

Why have hamburger if you can have steak?

Unrelated but I really want to go into detail later about the New South "Americana" show I attended on the 7th of July that was simply incredible. 

Guest Edwin
14 hours ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Eeeeek.

I don't follow or watch PWG because it's not my thing, but this would be a nightmare pairing for me. Every time I see Fenix and Penta, they put on the same exact match with every opponent they face. Wentz and Xavier on the other hand are 2 of the most uninteresting flippy indy Jr.'s I've seen in a while. Xavier's Naomi-esque endless blatant thigh slapping is one of things I dislike the most of modern pro-wres.

WALTER/Thatcher however always a great pairing and their match from PROGRESS this year is easily an indy MOTYC.