DVDVR Message Board

2018 INDIE WRESTLING THREAD

Oh Lord JESUS... SHINGO, CIMA, WALTER, THATCHER, COBB are added to BOLA. Sorry I ever doubted you, Mr. Dragon. Also added: Travis Banks, T-Hawk, DJ Z, Jonah Rock, Flamita, and DARBY ALLIN.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Cool in theory but I'm not making the mistake of looking forward to Nick Gage again. He basically killed what was a great show in Spring Break 2 dead in its tracks. 

I look forward to Haku brutalizing Nick Gage. 

• Like 1

PCO, Brody King, Jody Fleisch, Ilja Dragunov, Robbie Eagles, Joey Janela, Puma King, David Starr, Rey Horus, Chris Brookes, Matt Riddle, Darby Allin, Shingo, Cima, Walter, Timothy Thatcher, Jeff Cobb, Travis Banks, T-Hawk, DJ-Z, Jonah Rock, Flamita

I might be pants free from now until BOLA.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

CIMA needs to bring some of his acrobats over; there's not a more receptive crowd in the US for a sprinty flips exhibition, and it would probably generate some buzz. 

This is one of those fields where I'm gonna be left lamenting the matches that didn't happen almost as much as looking forward to what did. (I want Shingo to wrestle everyone, etc...)

10 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

PCO, Brody King, Jody Fleisch, Ilja Dragunov, Robbie Eagles, Joey Janela, Puma King, David Starr, Rey Horus, Chris Brookes, Matt Riddle, Darby Allin, Shingo, Cima, Walter, Timothy Thatcher, Jeff Cobb, Travis Banks, T-Hawk, DJ-Z, Jonah Rock, Flamita

I might be pants free from now until BOLA.

Insane Line-Up. I'm praying for WALTER vs. Shingo Takagi personally. I'm surprised by Travis Banks being in, though. PWG definitely was one of the promotions that were not allowed to use WWE UK talent. They stopped using Pete Dunne, when the first UKCT happened and haven't used any WWE UK guys since.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

FUCK THAT!

We could get PCO vs. 2 COLD SCORPIO IN THE YEAR OF 2018!!!!

2018 is the year of PCO. He's gotta be #ALLIN, right?

Give me PCO beating Nick Aldis or Cody for the NWA title. I'd love to see hype videos with NWA world champion PCO and his hype-man set to early-mid 90s Smashing Pumkins songs.

• Like 1

Last night in typical Janela fashion he announced that the main event for his Lost in New York show will be him vs Jinsei Shinzaki or Hakushi to 1993-1995 WWF fans.  Can't remember the last time he was in the states. 

If you watch the video it makes it seem like there is a "boss" working to take out Janela.   Rumors running crazy that this is building to someone like Masato Tanaka or Muta or Bad Boy Hito at the next Spring Break show.   But it is Janela so it could be just him being wacky.

• Like 1

Guest Edwin

Anyone but Muto.

Tanaka, Hido, Kojika, anyone, but not Muto.

Is this event going to be streamed live anywhere? FITE TV, possibly?

1 hour ago, Beech27 said:

The video:

My wish:

29404061_616898912035636_296145000150859776_n.jpg

Janela could never afford it but that would be absolutely perfect!

Here's hoping this match is slightly less of a mess than the Sasuke one. I'm guessing Janela does some ridiculous entrance.

Isn't it kinda up in the air if Muta's even going to be able to return from his knee replacement surgeries?

My vote's for Dick Togo to be the man in charge. Or Hard Gay.

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

How long has it been since Shinzaki worked? 

Less than a week, actually. He’s still basically full-time in Michinoku Pro, where he’s the president (and maybe owner?) and various  other indies. He can still do anything a Janela match would require. 

7 hours ago, Beech27 said:

Michinoku Pro, where he’s the president (and maybe owner?)

I completely forgot about that. For that matter I forgot about M-Pro entirely... woof. How's things going around their way these days? The last match I watched had to be from at least a decade ago. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I completely forgot about that. For that matter I forgot about M-Pro entirely... woof. How's things going around their way these days? The last match I watched had to be from at least a decade ago. 

I don't know if you did this on purpose, but I am super amused either way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3