DVDVR Message Board

2018 INDIE WRESTLING THREAD

On 5/21/2018 at 2:20 PM, sabremike said:

Or the show is being held in a boiler room? I mean, this is indy wrestling so that's possible right???

I'm kinda surprised more indy shows aren't held in boiler rooms.

I've been to a few indy shows that would have been in a nicer venue if they'd been held in a boiler room.

I know that intergender wrestling being a hot thing on the indies is kind of controversial to some but if one of the results is this new match concept then I think it is awesome:

Maybe the first ever GENDER REVEAL match and of course Veda Scott was involved

• Haha 1

The Progress Wembley show seems to be shaping up nicely.  Looks like Dunne/Draganov, Walter/Banks and Andrews/Dennis.  I'll admit that I haven't been as interested in Progress over the last year, but this card could shape up to be great!

On 5/29/2018 at 6:12 PM, iowanole said:

The Progress Wembley show seems to be shaping up nicely.  Looks like Dunne/Draganov, Walter/Banks and Andrews/Dennis.  I'll admit that I haven't been as interested in Progress over the last year, but this card could shape up to be great!

So in terms of filling out the card they are making.... progress?????

APW (All Pro Wrestling) announced a couple interesting matches on a few of their upcoming shows. 

June 22- #BayAreaBash in Daly City, CA

MVP vs. Pentagon (first time ever)

Reno Scum vs. WALTER and Tim Thatcher (I've not seen WALTER yet)

and the one I'm most looking forward to; Flip vs. MANSOOR! I might be the only one, but I think his real name of "Mansoor" is just as/if not better a wrestling name as his current "Manny Faberino"

34045719_1968921653120851_7571219953420861440_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=AeHecZzfqTY1ynqYP-Uk3dw8jxOLrSmt4qBCBTcw-Pno88KXveuA2FWJKicrEK6s1Cevybl6Sdf0ceQ669j1fJTeAU4WwDsiHW4W8CrSMjBGjQ&oh=c56d006b396ac3efacaa1891357e2a6a&oe=5BAFDCE8

Also added to their King of Indies show on July 6 (night before NJPW Cow Palace) is Nicole Savoy vs. Taya Valkyre- Kira Forster Hennigan Mundo Impact Blackcraft

Kyle Matthews - who had already announced this would be his last year wrestling - said he tore his ACL and thus has had to cancel his remaining books and that he has had his last match.

13 hours ago, BNosanchuk said:

Reno Scum vs. WALTER and Tim Thatcher (I've not seen WALTER yet)

That is some shit to look forward to. I was planning on going to that show, but there is a gigantic fabric/quilting show in Reno that I will be at instead. Hopefully they book WALTER and Thatcher again so I can get to see them both live.

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Kyle Matthews - who had already announced this would be his last year wrestling - said he tore his ACL and thus has had to cancel his remaining books and that he has had his last match.

That's sad. I was looking forward to seeing him at the Scenic City Invitational tournament. I remember when Bryan Danielson gave him his blessing back when he was wrestling at Rampage Pro Wrestling.  My only question was why didn't he go further, he had the talent to go places.

Unfortunately Gunner Miller is added to the walking wounded as he is now out of the SCI Scenic City and Nova Pro Commonwealth Cup tournament with an injury

Homicide is the replacement at NOVA Pro.  Not sure who the replacement is at SCI

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So I am gonna be in the same building as Homicide, Nick Gage and PCO

I am gonna die

^^^^^^^

Speaking of, probably a dumb question but if anyone who's been to a Nova Pro show can assuage my anxiety: is it a pick up tickets at the venue kind of deal?

I ordered front row for myself and a buddy for Friday night a few weeks back, and just want to make sure I'm not missing an email or something.

There are no actual tickets to these shows.  At least past ones there wasn't.   The name is on a list and they give you a wrist band I guess to determine whether you should be 1st row or general admission.  Also the wrist is usually used if there are two shows that day (which Saturday is) to check people who paid for both shows ahead of time.  

If you want to bring some proof for insurance, you could sent your paypal or whatever you used to pay for it receipt.  Should have gotten that email.  Don't know how they are going to handle the multiple days thing though.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, hammerva said:

There are no actual tickets to these shows.  At least past ones there wasn't.   The name is on a list and they give you a wrist band I guess to determine whether you should be 1st row or general admission.  Also the wrist is usually used if there are two shows that day (which Saturday is) to check people who paid for both shows ahead of time.  

If you want to bring some proof for insurance, you could sent your paypal or whatever you used to pay for it receipt.  Should have gotten that email.  Don't know how they are going to handle the multiple days thing though.

Nice, appreciate the heads up. I do have my PayPal receipt email should anything wonky have happened.

yeah - I have never brought proof with me but also never had a problem getting the tickets since they always had my name on the list

And since you are front row - you pick up your band first

Then the rest of the people who bought ahead of time

Then the people who are buying at the door

• Thanks 1

Random thought: I wish the major indies with strong physical media presence (Chikara, PWG, ROH, the Gabe feds, hell even TNA*) would put out sets/comps for the "history of" their titles (World, tag).  It would be nice to see each title bout and watch the championship evolve.

*In immediate hindsight, maybe not TNA.

I am going to an indy show tomorrow headlined by Ultimo Dragon vs Joey Janela. Dragon is actually going to be managed by Sonny Ono who is one of the least talented managers to ever work for a major promotion (he basically got a job because he was friends with Bischoff).

And because I bought a tickets - now the NOVA Pro cancellations have begun

Chelsea Green is off due to scheduling conflicts (I am pretty sure it is because she is shooting a movie since she had a IG story about being it her first day on set)

Eddie Kingston is off due to "health concerns"

Jonathan Gresham is replacing Kingston