DVDVR Message Board

2018 INDIE WRESTLING THREAD

Considering they let Evolve have matches at Axxess it makes total sense to promote their upcoming show.  Between the WWE/Evolve relationship and Impact getting involved with damn near everybody they can this to me feels like a historic time in wrestling.  I wouldn't have believed anything like this would happen even five years ago, yet you have Impact footage on a WWE Network show.  I don't know how long this will last but damn do I like it.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2018 at 8:06 PM, Peck said:

After doing some research, apparently she lives in Pittsburgh now with her fiance who is one of the guys behind the Blackcraft Wrestling deal(which is running their debut show in Pittsburgh as well in August)

Isn't Blackcraft the promotion that got in an ugly twitter argument with Chelsey Green (Laurel van Ness) just a few weeks ago?

EDIT: Nope, it was BlackCAT Events, that just works as a promotion agency.

3 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

Isn't Blackcraft the promotion that got in an ugly twitter argument with Chelsey Green (Laurel van Ness) just a few weeks ago?

EDIT: Nope, it was BlackCAT Events, that just works as a promotion agency.

I think Blackcraft is the Athiest group/brand which has a line of clothing out and is getting in to wrestling now as well. They’ve got Saraya/Britt Baker announced for their 1st event in Pittsburgh as well as Jimmy Havoc, John Morrison and PCO.

15 hours ago, Peck said:

I think Blackcraft is the Athiest group/brand which has a line of clothing out and is getting in to wrestling now as well. They’ve got Saraya/Britt Baker announced for their 1st event in Pittsburgh as well as Jimmy Havoc, John Morrison and PCO.

Men’s Commonwealth Cup Opening Round Matches

• “Ace” Arik Royal vs Logan Easton LaRoux
  • Pierre Carl Ouellett vs Nick Gage
  • Beau Crockett vs Gunner Miller
  • Dominic Garrini vs Eddie Kingston

I will legit fear for my life during PCO vs. Nick Gage

PCO vs. basically anyone on the planet except Nick Gage sounds good to me. I understand the appeal of "2 dudes just bombing on one another", but Gage is sloppy and not very fun to watch.  I don't want Gage's shitty work to bring down a dude that I really, really like.

Hopefully it's just a nice back and forth war. That is the kind of thing I can definitely get behind. It will be stiff as all get out, I'm sure, but hopefully it won't get dragged down by a million timing mistakes or outright botches.

EDIT - I feel like I am coming off super negative in this, and that is not my intention, but any excitement I have for PCO immediately gets tempered by the potential of Gage fucking it all up.

Edited by grilledcheese

3 hours ago, Kropotkin's Beard said:

Huh, that's surprising. The reaction I've seen around Gage since his return has been overwhelmingly positive.

It's interesting at the very least. He's been on top of Cleveland's AIW for the past six months and a portion of the crowd loves him and another portion of the crowd doesn't even care that he's there. Very odd. 

Put me in the 'don't care for his stuff' portion. He can manage passable matches if he's working with the right person, but more often than not, it usually turns into something with awkward timing, a botch or two, and ends up being the same formulaic brawl. 

AIW is running their annual JLIT over Memorial Day. Some interesting names in the tournament: Jody Fleisch / Andrew Everett / Swoggle / "Filthy" Tom Lawlor / Matthew Justice / Louis Lyndon / Colin Delaney / Cheech / Gringo Loko / Laredo Kid / Dominic Garrini / "Bad Boy" Joey Janela / "All Ego" Ethan Page / MJF / Little Guido / Gangrel / Tim Donst / AJ Gray / Josh Prohibition / Space Monkey / "Hot Sauce" Tracy Williams / Facade / Marty Jannetty / Frankie Flynn / Magnum CK

They also announced Nick Gage vs. Colt Cabana for night 2. 

2 minutes ago, EricG said:

They also announced Nick Gage vs. Colt Cabana for night 2. 

I once saw Cabana wrestle a comedy match at an indy show against pre-juice Jinder Mahal.  Congrats to AIW for coming up with something that has the potential to actually be worse than that.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

There are a few more threads in that Tweet with Uno explaining why Super Smash Brothers can't work in the US.

God damn it, you're a heel!  Why aren't you taking advantage of the "banned in the US" gimmick!?

Most Canadians trying to sneak into the US to wrestle get pinched and get banned. My mentor, Vance Nevada, got nabbed at the Washington border (by a wrestling fan, of all fucking people!), and not only did he get a five-year ban...it cost him his opportunity to get to the WWE. When he called Carl DeMarco (was that the WWE Canada guy? Something deMarco), he got a "sorry to hear that," and an abrupt hangup. C'est la vie.

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Carl DeMarco was the WWF Canada guy.

If I'm not mistaken, "Speedball" Mike Bailey is in year 2 of his 5 year ban. 

Technically he just started Year 3

He was busted in March of 2016

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Okay, so how is Ethan Page doing it?  Along with other, lesser names like Kobe Durst, Space Monkey and Shane Sabre.

Well Page is signed with TNA so I am assuming that lets him avoid issues