DVDVR Message Board

2018 INDIE WRESTLING THREAD

Something's wrong with the board; I clicked "Indie Wrestling Thread" but I was apparently redirected to "How Not To Cut A Fucking Promo."

Ki really is a slimy shit, isn't he.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, nate said:

Something's wrong with the board; I clicked "Indie Wrestling Thread" but I was apparently redirected to "How Not To Cut A Fucking Promo."

Ki really is a slimy shit, isn't he.

And none of this is news. Brandon Silvestry's a 5'3" wannabe tough guy who is the only one to believe all his hype.

Guest Edwin

Shane Strickland vs. Jimmy Havoc, Jimmy Yuta & Jason Cade vs. the Dirty Blondes and Garza Jr. vs. Último Ninja are the 3 matches that will be on MLW Fusion tonight.

Not sure anyone here watched last weeks episode, but it had Aries vs. ACH and the first Penta vs. Fénix.

Guest Edwin
3 hours ago, Phil Schneider said:

For a promotion that talks all about shot callers vs. cop callers, GCW really went on twitter with some cop shit.

Hilarious -- very underrated post.

Watch any other show aside from the two Joey Janela Spring Breaks and Matt Riddle's Bloodsport and you'll get exactly what Phil is talking about.

Wouldn't calling the proverbial cops be taking him to small claims court, which they haven't done? Trying to settle it privately, and then by public shaming (when that fails), is very much the opposite of that. I know this is a stupid and semantic distinction I'm making, but still, it's hard for me to find fault with a promoter trying to get their money back, in a situation like this, whatever silly posturing they may have done in the past. 

Guest Edwin
1 hour ago, clintthecrippler said:

Are any of the Wrestlemania weekend WWN events up as part of the ClubWWN monthly subscription yet? Or do they still have those locked in "per event" pricing?

Only the EVOLVE, WWN SuperShow and Style Battle shows.

The GCW shows won't go up on Club WWN.

Guest Edwin

If you are interested in catching MLW Fusion download the go90 on your mobile phone or tablet and in the live channels tab select beIN SPORTS and it will be listed on the program list as MLW Fusion.

This is totally legal and free as go90 works with beIN SPORTS.

14 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

Oh do tell

Ki was allegedly training pretty hard for the match before suddenly pulling out. So there's been some speculation that he was going to try his luck before realizing what a hilariously bad idea that would be.

8 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

Ki was allegedly training pretty hard for the match before suddenly pulling out. So there's been some speculation that he was going to try his luck before realizing what a hilariously bad idea that would be.

Well in that case it would've been worth the deposit 

• Like 1

So, Ki makes reference to training for this event, and makes some passing reference to it being SUB or KO only. Was he under the impression that he was being booked for an actual kumite?  And the idea that he was going to shoot on Riddle is fucking hilarious. I love his "worry" about it being a bait and switch. Like people gave a fuck that Ki wasn't there after they found out that MiSu was his replacement.