DVDVR Message Board

2018 INDIE WRESTLING THREAD

This is... interesting. And being filmed in my hometown. 

Jerry Jarrett is behind a television pilot that is being filmed on 4/26 in Wheeling, WV. The show is called Olympus Wrestling. They are shooting a pilot with the idea of doing an America's Got Talent like format where matches would take place and there would be three judges evaluating both the matches and the wrestlers. Robert Fuller and Jim Cornette will be two of the judges.

Guest Edwin
9 hours ago, J.T. said:

Bein is on the higher end package for FiOS.  Fuck.

Google go90. It has beIN and is legal and free.

https://deadspin.com/how-louisianas-archaic-commission-rules-will-burden-wre-1824118577

Banned moves:

1. All variations of the Pile Driver;
2. All variations of the Power Bomb;
3. The “Moonsault”, “Shooting Star”, or “450 Splash” or any variation thereof which involves one wrestler, leaping or flipping off the ropes or turnbuckles to contact the head or neck of the opponent with any part of his body;
4. The “Stungun” of any variation thereof which results in the one fighter’s head or neck being dragged, draped or “closelined” [sic] across the ropes;
5. The striking of a wrestler’s head with any object, chair, trashcan [sic] lid, etc., and
6. No wrestler shall throw, push, shove or force another out of the ring or over the top rope.

#6 is hilarious to me. Also, you can do these moves if you get permission first, which I also find hilarious.

How does this get enforced?  Does the commission expect all the bookers to submit a screenplay-esque layout to each match for approval?  Do they have some stooge at each event that shuts it down if any banned move is executed?

1 hour ago, mattdangerously said:

Am I the only one who thinks the commission is just trying to be really, really subtle about how they solicit bribes? 

Lol, "subtle"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HumanChessgame said:

How does this get enforced?  Does the commission expect all the bookers to submit a screenplay-esque layout to each match for approval?  Do they have some stooge at each event that shuts it down if any banned move is executed?

And does said stooge resemble Graham Chapman in uniform, in any way?

"All right, all right, we've 'ad enough of that ... RIGHT."

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

Presumably whoever breaks the rules could get fined, and the guy who is acting in the Rockin' Rebel role of being the guy with the promoters license in Louisiana could certainly face repercussions. Which I believe is Luke Hawx? Theoretically if you do get fined and refuse to pay it then you might find it hard to work in any state with an AC which is a member of the ABC who regulates wrestling.

But I'm just spitballing, could be nothing.

I really hope the PCO vs WALTER match on Mania weekend is a big enough hit that "underappreciated 90s hosses" replaces "flippy British guys who can't sell" as the big indy booking trend.  I could really go for an Ice Train dream match indy run.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 3/30/2018 at 12:41 PM, Edwin said:

Basically Matt Riddle's Bloodsport is the only show that will go through as planned.

Well given that they are no ropes on this show, #6 is going to be violated at least 4 or 5 times.  Also Dominic Garini is fucked by #1 because his finish is a version of spike piledriver.  

On 3/30/2018 at 9:57 PM, mattdangerously said:

I really hope the PCO vs WALTER match on Mania weekend is a big enough hit that "underappreciated 90s hosses" replaces "flippy British guys who can't sell" as the big indy booking trend.  I could really go for an Ice Train dream match indy run.

I've spent the last half hour trying to convince one of Booker T's wrestlers to politic for an Ice Train comeback in Reality of Wrestling.  Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Fuck yeah that is an upgrade in terms of the match and in terms of professionalism from Riddle's opponent

I remember the last time Wrestlemania was in New Orleans and I went to the Dragon Gate show on Friday.    Almost every one in the building was shocked that Low Ki actually get pinned by Trent Berretta given how unprofessional Low Ki can be and how Trent wasn't that big of a name.   Well it is what 3 or 4 years later and Low Ki being Low Ki hasn't changed