DVDVR Message Board

2018 INDIE WRESTLING THREAD

Guest Edwin

In case you don't visit the gif thread, I posted these:

Teddy Hart doing Teddy Hart things... He slips on a moonsault attempt where he doesn't even know where MVP is at, so he just does a dive onto fans and then gets up and stares at MVP and MVP just decks him with a right hand and looks on in disbelief:

4zQfQkS.gif

Chris Dickinson does not care about Monsta Mack's health:

Ua6Cd9o.gif

One more:

ILE5mcE.gif

Guest Edwin
49 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

Is Jersey All Pro back?

They're running shows sporadically. They ran one last month.

Guest Edwin
On 3/15/2018 at 3:31 PM, RIPPA said:

Well now....

WALTER is having an amazing year so far and is an easy early contender for indie WOTY (with Darby Allin in second place and Timothy Thatcher in third place) and matches like this and his WM weekend line up should just solidify him as such.

Someone (EVOLVE, Beyond) need to book WALTER vs. Chris Dickinson. This would have been a great prelude during WM weekend (bump WALTER vs. Darby Allin for a later show, although that's great matchmaking too) leading to the Catch Point vs. Ringkampf EVOLVE tag title match.

Guest Edwin
15 minutes ago, bobholly138 said:

Has WALTER faced Nick Gage or Hardcore Holly yet?

Nick Gage, yes at Style Battle and it was really short and underwhelming as it ended in a no contest.

Just now, Edwin said:

Nick Gage, yes at Style Battle and it was really short and underwhelming as it ended in a no contest.

Well it is Style Battle. One of the Wildkat guys worked an early Style Battle show and was less than thrilled about how stuff was done in Style battle.

Guest Edwin
2 minutes ago, nate said:

When was that Ki/Butcher match, from the gif?

It's Teddy v. Homicide v. Ki v. Necro from the 9th Anniversary Show.

Guest Edwin
6 hours ago, Oyaji said:

That sounds like the craziest fucking match possible.

It's really good.

A lot of mouth punching and moonsaults.

Shane Strickland is returning to EVOLVE and will be on the May 19 (Chicago) and May 20 (Detroit) shows

Ringkampf will be on the June 23 (Queens) and June 24 (MA) EVOLVE shows

These promos are fun but man, aside from the novelty of being fucked up at a midnight show and the surreal aspect of these matches, people actually buying tickets for what are essentially joke matches is weird to me. Like, I watched the Janela Spring Break last year at home (drunk, late at night) and was entertained enough by it but have very little interest in actually going and doubt I'll catch the VOD. 

• The Second Annual Clusterf#&%
  • Pierre Carl Ouellet vs. WALTER
  • James Ellsworth vs. Matt Riddle
  • Nick Gage vs. Penta el Zero M
  • David Starr vs. “Lightning” Mike Quackenbush
  • Great Sasuke vs. Joey Janela

I see two joke matches and a bunch of fascinating match-ups I didn't know I wanted until I saw them on paper (or my monitor). That's an awesome card and the atmosphere at the first show was so wild and fun. This would be right near the top of my priorities if I were doing up Mania week. 

• Like 4

Least shocking news ever

5 Star Wrestling is shutting down.

I wondered what was up when JacK Swagger tweeted that he suddenly had a bunch of dates free up

20 hours ago, bucky said:

Marty, that is a really fucking stupid take.

The very basics of wrestling promos is to not comment in the vein that your opponent is a loser, a waste of time, etc. Because the old adage is if you say your opponent is a loser and you beat him, who cares? He's a loser. But if you say your opponent is a worthless loser and he beats you, what does that make you? This is Wrestling 101. Plus, the "no wonder the ratings suck" comment is childish and stupid.

Talk about planning to beat the piss out of him, talk about wiping that stupid grin off his chinless face, even include the tag line at the end of do I really have to wrestle him? But FFS, maintain some professionalism.

• Like 4