DVDVR Message Board

2018 INDIE WRESTLING THREAD

3 minutes ago, Captain Kronos said:

I am not comfortable hugging kids I do know. 

And I'm sure as shit not confortable with people I don't know hugging my prepubesant kid.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Captain Kronos said:

I am not comfortable hugging kids I do know. 

A four year old at my church ran up to me and asked for a hug. I was sorta uncomfortable but I thought it looked worse to leave him hanging. So he hugged me and I pretended like he was super strong and injured me. Then I felt like a jerk because the little guy was genuinely concerned I was hurt. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Victator said:

A four year old at my church ran up to me and asked for a hug. I was sorta uncomfortable but I thought it looked worse to leave him hanging. So he hugged me and I pretended like he was super strong and injured me. Then I felt like a jerk because the little guy was genuinely concerned I was hurt. 

Got to be Ricky Morton all the time, don't you? You're a much more natural hot tag.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Did ... Did you read the rest of "Khris"'s thread on the matter?  The one guy who "can wait"[sic] to meet Izzy ... and has a very "alert the authorities" fixation on Dillon Harper?

Nien.

Allin vs. Callihan - Unbelievable match. Darby is by far one of the craziest wrestlers of all time. He took a piledriver off the top rope through a table, he got tossed off the top rope in a springboard attempt onto the side wall of the second floor which is one of the craziest bumps I've ever seen, he did a trust dive off the top rope with his hands taped behind his back and he got hit with a beer bottle on the back of the head.

The next MLW event is named Spring Break... I tweeted there couldn't be an event named Spring Break without Joey Janela on immediately Janela replied he didn't want to speak about it and guess who made an appearance in the main event...

Riddle vs. Cobb - Great match. Not a MOTY candidate or anything by any chance, but def. worth watching. Both guys worked real hard and seeing Cobb ragdoll Riddle was quite the visual.

Lawlor vs. MVP - Skippable.

Strickland vs. King - This was fun. Brody almost broke Strickland's neck in a gruesome corner slam spot. Seems like it pissed Strickland off and he whacked him with some gross chops to the throat.

Havoc vs. MJF - MJF was great here even though the match wasn't that great. He trash talked through the entire thing and it was fantastic. He also flipped me off twice before he even made an entrance as he did last show too -- getting dat heel heat...

Aries vs. ACH - Fun Jr.'s match. Aries came out carrying all of 4 of those titles he's won and has been carrying around recently. Aries said MLW he was left out of the title tournament, but there's a middleweight tournament coming up and he was already requesting a spot in it and that he wanted to prove you don't have to be a heavyweight to be in the main event.

Chelsea vs. Priscilla - Wasn't much and just used to continue the feud between Priscilla and Santana Garrett.

Ki vs. Brazil - Squash match. Ki brutalized Brazil and unmasked him.

Gotch and Petruzelli vs. Yuta and Cade - Gotch and Petruzelli came out with Team Filthy. It seems like Gotch, Petruzelli and Lawlor will be forming a faction. Wasn't a fan of this match as I'm not a fan of Gotch, Yuta or Cade and Petruzelli is way to green. The highlight was the Dirty Blondes managed by Col. Robert Parker making attacking Yuta and Cade.

Destino Negro vs. Mega Danger - A very toned down version of last months match between Penta 0M and Rey Fénix, so it was fun. I'm hoping they continue to bring in these lucha guys to have these exhibitions as they're fun live.

Parrow and Hughes vs. Al Sabah and Ortagun - Barrington was revealed as Parrow's tag partner and once he came out it ended.

I honestly felt I got my money's worth. Easily worth the $5 the stream cost. I'm def. ordering the stream once they upload it as I want to see what Darby vs. Sami comes across as on video.

17 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

Did they just choose to pick three people who all look like they are on a first-name basis with Chris Hansen for the pictures, or did that just go without saying since they're this dedicated to buying the merch and meeting a 10 year old girl?

I think they took some SHIMMER-circa-2008 fans as their model, and then extrapolated out. 

(I went to a SHIMMER taping in 2008, and I admit to fitting the mold back then.:ph34r:)

33 minutes ago, Victator said:

To be fair, the guy in the upper right corner looks like he bought a pity pic.

The guy that's holding her ponytail looks like he might be disabled, based on his other hand. He might be in a wheelchair. That makes things less creepy than we're making it out to be. At least for him. 

When you get a pic of a kid with an adult at a wrestling show... The kid should be the fan not the one posing with the marks. For fuck's sake.

I guess it's WWE's fault for all those close ups of her crying when Bayley lost and then making her part of the show and all that, but damn this is just weird and creepy.

• Like 2

Keith Lee vs. Minoru Suzuki is some amazing match making.

Forgot to mention from yesterday's MLW event -- MVP apparently got a black belt from the same place Jose Conseco got his for his fight with Hong Man Choi in DREAM, except Canseco's said "Canseco" and MVP's said "Puro Resu/Pro Wrestling..." And after the match, Lawlor draped a white belt over MVP which was great. Also Team Filthy come out with corner men who rub Vaseline all over their guys faces as if they were getting ready for an MMA fight which is an awesome detail.

Tonight is the "New World Rising" iPPV on Fite TV for Cleveland Knights Championship Wrestling. We will be having special appearances by Eric Bischoff (as GM for the evening), UFC fighter Jessica Eye and powerlifting champion Karam Izzat. Here's the lineup:

CKCW title: J-Rocc vs. Kongo Kong

Powers of Pain vs. State Line

Tracey Smothers vs. Shawn Phoenix

CWA (Puerto Rico) title: Star Roger vs. Mike Mendoza

Hiram Tua & El Fenomeno BJ vs. Team Storm (Jaxon Argos & Jack Pollock)

Ricky Reyes vs. "Tokyo Monster" Kahagas

CKCW women's title: Vanilla Vargas vs. Solo Darling

Race for the Case ladder match (Money in the Bank style): Sonny Vice vs. El Nazareno vs. JD Smooth vs. Seth Allen vs. Angel Fashion vs. dark match winner

I'll be calling the play-by-play, and we start on Fite TV at 8 pm Eastern. Hope you can check it out.

Some tweets with videos (and gifs) of Darby Allin and Sami Callihan:

Piledriver through a table:

This one features the balcony bump which is nuts...

And one last one:

1 hour ago, Gorman said:

Tonight is the "New World Rising" iPPV on Fite TV for Cleveland Knights Championship Wrestling. We will be having special appearances by Eric Bischoff (as GM for the evening)....

LOl, I dunno if I'd want to tempt fate by bringing Bischoff in.  He probably can't put the company out of business in three hours or so, but I wouldn't be inclined to take any chances.  Bring Bisch in for one night, and, seven years later, the Iron Sheik is still on the payroll.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gorman said:

Tonight is the "New World Rising" iPPV on Fite TV for Cleveland Knights Championship Wrestling. We will be having special appearance by Eric Bischoff (as GM for the evening), UFC fighter Jessica Eye and powerlifting champion Karam Izzat. Here's the lineup:

CKCW title: J-Rocc vs. Kongo Kong

Powers of Pain vs. State Line

Tracey Smothers vs. Shawn Phoenix

CWA (Puerto Rico) title: Star Roger vs. Mike Mendoza

Hiram Tua & El Fenomeno BJ vs. Team Storm (Jaxon Argos & Jack Pollock)

Ricky Reyes vs. "Tokyo Monster" Kahagas

CKCW women's title: Vanilla Vargas vs. Solo Darling

Race for the Case ladder match (Money in the Bank style): Sonny Vice vs. El Nazareno vs. JD Smooth vs. Seth Allen vs. Angel Fashion vs. dark match winner

I'll be calling the play-by-play, and we start on Fite TV at 8 pm Eastern. Hope you can check it out.

I think the bad part about this is that ROH is also streaming on Fite TV tonight and they decided to show their show for free.  This show will be great and I really am glad to see Shawn get a good spot. I remember him when he was 13 going to IWC shows with a cast on his arm. Very proud of him.  I'd like to say ROH won't have an effect on this show but sadly I think it's going to.