DVDVR Message Board

2018 INDIE WRESTLING THREAD

4 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

I think it'll still happen.  Not sure WWE sees Dunne or TNA as being all that important.

No, no, you're thinking of Tyler Bate that WWE doesn't see as being important.

Card was pretty fun live, but it won’t come across that great on video.

Riddle and Cobb vs. Lawlor and Petruzelli was really underwhelming. They did the Barry Windham deal where Arn Anderson and Larry Zbzysko slammed the door on his hand so Cobb was limited as to what he could do in the match. Riddle had an off night and Lawlor is still gree and Petruzelli is even greener.

Penta vs. Rey Fenix is exactly what you’d expect from them and if you’ve seen them once in a single match, then you’ve already seen this match.

Low Ki vs. MVP was MOTM in my opinion. The bad finish aside, it was really fun. Low Ki throws some legit mean looking elbows.

Havoc vs. Swerve was exactly what you’d expect — fun live, but I don’t think it will transfer that great on video. The problem with Jimmy Havoc is that a lot of his matches seem to be the same and this was no different.

I thought Allin vs. Sammy was fun for what it was, but I don’t recommend anyone goes out of their way to watch it.

The rest of the card was skippable.

Physically he’s in good shape.

From what I’ve seen of him at the last 2 MLW shows, he’s mostly just brawling around ringside like he’s working a show down in Puerto Rico.

18 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

I haven't seen much of Dunne's stuff outside the WWE universe after winning the title.  Does he carry the UK title with him to the ring and bill himself as the champion?  I'd think he'd have to sign off with WWE management before doing that.  Or can the UK guys just do what they want in other promotions as long as they commit to all the WWE dates?

Not only is he (and Bate before him) billed as WWE UK Champion, but for months all three members of British Strong Style (Dunne, Bate and Trent Seven) were coming to the ring with full Triple H entrance. When Hunter found out, he apparently told them all he thought it was hilarious and to keep doing it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

I haven’t followed this closely, but will this surgery allow her to sign with WWE?

One would assume yes since it was her WWE physical that showed how fucked up her neck was

17 hours ago, Edwin said:

Ringkampf vs. Sekimoto and Sawa should be amazing.

Also:

I will be in Orlando from February 8th(landing in morning) until the 13th. Got a front row ticket for the NXT Dade City show on the 8th but this is pretty tempting also. Thoughts?

Also, anyone know of any other Indy shows that weekend within an hour or two of Orlando?

4 hours ago, Peck said:

I will be in Orlando from February 8th(landing in morning) until the 13th. Got a front row ticket for the NXT Dade City show on the 8th but this is pretty tempting also. Thoughts?

Also, anyone know of any other Indy shows that weekend within an hour or two of Orlando?

If you go to MLW, make sure you get a good seat cause standing room in that building sucks. Fest wrestling is running it's big tag tourney on the 9th and 10th in St. Petersburg and Gainesville which is about a two hour drive. I'll be at the big AAA vs Puerto Rico show in Orlando on the tenth headlined by savio Vega and Carlito vs fantasma and texano. USA pro is supposedly running a anniversary show on the 11th in Orlando but haven't heard much about it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Peck said:

Ditch NXT, go to MLW. NXT Live shows aren't that good. MLW shows are far from great, but they're fun always.

1 hour ago, Tim Evans said:

If you go to MLW, make sure you get a good seat cause standing room in that building sucks. Fest wrestling is running it's big tag tourney on the 9th and 10th in St. Petersburg and Gainesville which is about a two hour drive. I'll be at the big AAA vs Puerto Rico show in Orlando on the tenth headlined by savio Vega and Carlito vs fantasma and texano. USA pro is supposedly running a anniversary show on the 11th in Orlando but haven't heard much about it.

Where do you keep up with cards in the area? I'd go to that AAA vs. PR show if you can provide the info. Thanks in advance.

I keep up with the cards on Facebook. There are some groups for the local indies like Florida Wrestling Community. Here is the poster for the event. It's kinda outdated due to injuries. Fashion takes on Mecha Wolf and Fantasma replaces Pagano teaming with Psycho Clown vs Savio and Carlito. I'm mostly going to see Invader 1 as it's been big controversey in the local media and I want to be there if he actually shows up. 

VH4HWyS.jpg

1 hour ago, Peck said:

I love that Fidel Sierra is still wrestling. He’s gotta be close to 60, right?

I was just about to post the same thing.  It's been a lotta years since i saw his name on a card.  I had no idea he was still active.  Or alive.

Cagematch.net says he is 57.

15 hours ago, Tim Evans said:

I keep up with the cards on Facebook. There are some groups for the local indies like Florida Wrestling Community. Here is the poster for the event. It's kinda outdated due to injuries. Fashion takes on Mecha Wolf and Fantasma replaces Pagano teaming with Psycho Clown vs Savio and Carlito. I'm mostly going to see Invader 1 as it's been big controversey in the local media and I want to be there if he actually shows up. 

VH4HWyS.jpg

Yikes, thanks. Seems like an IWA/WWC show, so it's a pass from me. I've been to dozens of IWA/WWC shows growing up, so I'll skip this one.

So I signed up for a free trail of Powerbomb.tv to check out SCI, and then of course I forgot to cancel it in time so I have it for a month and good lord are there a ton of promotions on there that I've never heard of before.

Does anyone have any good jumping off point as to the best promotions or shows that are available on the service?  Because I am overwhelmed. 

I am biased by NOVA Pro (Paradise by the Dashboard Light is the one I went to live and loved. It had Chris Hero vs. Arik Royal and Jonathan Gresham vs. Donovan Dijak. http://deathvalleydriver.com/nova112516/)

And then also Beyond and AIW

Assuming you were talking just US indies - because there is all the lucha too.