DVDVR Message Board

2018 INDIE WRESTLING THREAD

For now... and I might end up changing my mind - I am gonna just keep the US and UK in one thread. There is so much overlap between the two anyway (at least in terms of guys working for various promotions)

Now - since I brought it up at the end of the last thread this is a good start

Announced for the 2018 wXw 16 Carat Gold so far

• Matt Sydal
  • Matt Riddle
  • Jurn Simmons
  • Jonah Rock
  • Avalanche
  • Jeff Cobb
  • Travis Banks
  • Chris Brookes
  • Mark Haskins
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, България завинаги said:

Does PWG go here...the previous thread is curiously timeless?

I forgot about that thread.

PWG can go here. BOLA might eventually need its own thread but considering it was only at 12 pages after over 2 years I think we are good for now

So this is the future. A year in which PROGRESS will run the (possibly, maybe not for that day) 9000 seat Wembley Arena, and move their annual 3-day tournament from a 700-seat to a 2000-seat venue.

A year in which UK women's wrestling continues to grow, with new promotion, new divisions & titles in established promotions, and Pro-Wrestling EVE running York Hall with Aja Kong vs Viper.

A year in which Pete Dunne, Tyler Bate, and Trent Seven will (maybe) move to Orlando, leaving a gap at the top of the cards to be filled by any one of a dozen hungry young tigers.

A year in which (finally!) the US will get to see what Nixon Newell can do, and that alone might make me start watching NXT again.

And a year in which tons more will happen that I can't even begin to guess at, such is indy wrestling in the 21st century. Good times.

Found out the other day James Storm is booked for the Wrestle Birmingham,the AL fed,in March. I think against Chase Stevens. If it is like the last WB show we hit it will be packed with Continental guys. Last one had Robert and Ron Fuller,Jimmy Golden,Tracy Smothers,Action Mike Jackson. Plus Big Cat Curtis Hughes called the mostly white crowd "The biggest collection of porch ******* I have ever seen."

12 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Aww... Linus really wants to crush my dreams

(Aka - I am running one thread for now so I am merging everything together)

I am a terrible human being in 2018 ALREADY.

13 hours ago, Dewar said:

Linus, where did they move your Wrestling Observer weekly article?

I am looking forward to 2018 for my favorite company in Europe, ICW.

The column ended at the back end of October. I'd done 2 years by then and was getting a bit burned out. And then some stuff happened and that forced my hand!

20 hours ago, Linus said:

The column ended at the back end of October. I'd done 2 years by then and was getting a bit burned out. And then some stuff happened and that forced my hand!

Unfortunate, but understandable. As long as you know you had one regular reader who appreciated the column. :)

15 hours ago, Dewar said:

Unfortunate, but understandable. As long as you know you had one regular reader who appreciated the column. :)

Thank you, that's very kind! I may pop up somewhere else with a slightly-tweaked (to keep me interested) version - if I do I'll let you know.

4 hours ago, DeathyBoy said:

Mark my words, Joe Hendry is going to be a big, big star. Dude is entertaining as Hell.

His only problem is that he's not appearing for any of the "buzz" promotions. ICW is way down on what it was, reputation-wise, a few years ago and he's hitched his wagon to the 5*Wrestling train. I wouldn't say the only way to get noticed is to wrestle for PROGRESS, RevPro, Fight Club: PRO etc, but it certainly helps!

2 hours ago, Linus said:

His only problem is that he's not appearing for any of the "buzz" promotions. ICW is way down on what it was, reputation-wise, a few years ago and he's hitched his wagon to the 5*Wrestling train. I wouldn't say the only way to get noticed is to wrestle for PROGRESS, RevPro, Fight Club: PRO etc, but it certainly helps!

Oh for sure. Might take him a while, but his "rework music to mock his opponent" gimmick is genius.

"Grado's stolen my lunch" will always be genius. 

Jimmy Jacobs has vacated the IWA MidSouth title due to injury. He says he could be out up to year.

Im sure this will end up being an angle so then you can ignore all this

26 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Jimmy Jacobs has vacated the IWA MidSouth title due to injury. He says he could be out up to year.

Isn’t he going to be part of the Impact committee? 

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Apparently, this is the fourth time since Dec 2016 that the title has been vacated.  They should be used to this by now.

I'm amazed that IWA MS is still around in 2018.  How does Ian keep getting people to work for him?

13 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I don't know about being out for a year, but Jacobs is injured.  He had to drop out of his match with Matt Riddle on the Beyond NYE show (they replaced him with Matt Tremont)