DVDVR Message Board

JAN/FEB 2018 MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

The thing with Kevin Smith is he's not just writing that because he had a near death experience. He won the lottery of life in a really crazy and unusual way, and then he found out his wildest dreams coming true still didn't make him happy. So, he set out to reinvent himself and what he did for a living  and became an omnipresent media personality who acts as a mascot for making and just loving art. He probably really could die happy today because he's followed his bliss, and in a way that sets his family up for life. I'm happy he's going to keep going of course. I grew up with the movies, but I really admire the person he is now. 

• Like 1

Filmstruck has added all the classic movies from the Warner Bros. Streaming service that just shuttered, about 600 movies from the golden age.  On top of that they are adding a section of classic films called TCM select that are much more in line with the lineup of TCM.

If it wasn't enticing before, then it should be now! Between TCM/Warner/Criterion it's pretty fantastic.

The TCM app is MILES away the better choice over FilmStruck.  The TCM Select... selections are really basic (Casablanca, A Night at The Opera, The Best Years of our Lives, Forbidden Planet) where the TCM App is a connoisseur's dream.  So much esoteric stuff.  I got to see The UNHOLY THREE talkie remake 2 years before TCM aired it.

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic