DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] JANUARY 2018 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Just watched that and came here to post it! It's a great video, weird hearing Mike Samples, Pondo and Bull Pain being name checked on a WWE vid.

Ohno really could be their next Foley in terms of being a huge dude with a unique style who seems super friendly in real life but can be vicious in the ring.

• Like 1

Holy shit there is so much awesomeness in that Ohno video.  I envy his collection room and if I had the funds plus room to store them I'd hope to get all of that.  The stuff hanging the one the wall really caught my attention more than anything.  But it seems they realize and fully appreciate what he brings to the table which is awesome.  If he's already in the "play/coach" position then that's one helluva role for him to be in.  To me it seems like whether wrestling or coaching he's a WWE lifer now if he chooses to be and that's wonderful to see.

And his shirt game is on point in that video, he even has a @Virtualpros shirt on for good measure.

I was catching up on NXT and I didn't notice it until lately that Zelina Vega is considered the "protege" of Almas.   Now they have explained the history between the two and it could argued in a mentor-student kind of way.   But given that Vega is almost the leader and responsible for the resurrection of a mentor has there been scenario like this before.  I mean many times the protege attacks the mentor and it helps rejuvenates the mentor but not sure how often it is happen in this way.   Probably has but can't remember

I love these videos like Ohno and Ember Moon where they aren't afraid to talk about their career before the WWE.  Even calling them as Athena and Chris Hero.   Something that was completely unheard of a couple years ago.  And he is dating Rachel Ellering.  Take a about a wrestling power couple  

The title alone made me laugh.

I understand being even decent at commentating takes a lot of time and hard work, but it's just not a good fit for him. Have him be an interviewer even if he towers over the majority of the roster.

EC3 was just shown in the Takeover crowd and announced as the newest signing so that is official

(War Machine and Ricochet were also shown but we already knew about them)

The first time I saw Candice LeRae was at a PWG show in early 2008 (1.21 Gigawatts). Someone - I want to say Chris Hero - beat the crap out of her, and she bled like crazy. I say not because I like to see women wearing crimson masks but because it shows she's never shied from mixing it up and getting down and dirty in a fight. She's paid her dues for a lot of years, and I hope she has great success in NXT and beyond. 

Also, based on her appearance on TakeOver tonight, I think she looks more attractive than she ever has. 

Though her punches still look like crap. She'll need to work on that.  

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

EC3 was just shown in the Takeover crowd and announced as the newest signing so that is official

(War Machine and Ricochet were also shown but we already knew about them)

They had some long-ass shots of both Ricochet and Menounos where both clearly had no idea what to do with themselves after the first like 10 seconds.

40 minutes ago, KidNatural said:

Color me shocked that he's still going by EC3 given that his name is directly related to Dixie Carter. They've been much better about having guys come in under their established names, but this one caught me off guard,

I know they won't, but God damn would it be trippy if they brought Dixie in as his manager/advocate. 

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic