DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] JANUARY 2018 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

21 hours ago, Craig H said:

Actually, fuck it. If Biff is going to be a tag dude, pair him up with Lars. Two ugly motherfuckers who will fuck you up. Say that they're brothers or whatever the fuck, but just nail home that these are two similar guys, but one obviously didn't get the giant genes the other got.

Actually, they need to sign Burch fulltime and use him and Lorcan together more than they do. 

• Like 4

I am really fascinated by the Catanzaro signing.

I mean she clearly is an athletic freak but she is freaking tiny - she is 4' 11"

They signed the one person that Kairi Sane is taller than.

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I mean she clearly is an athletic freak but she is freaking tiny - she is 4' 11"

Maybe this means they're going to resign Super Porky too.

58 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Put her in the old Mascarita Dorado bull costume. 

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Vega is shorter than Kairi. Even in Stardom Kairi made a comment about how short Vega was during the tour she was on. Hiromi Mimura and her even started comparing their height after it.

23 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Great, one of the things that makes women's wrestling a bit more generic feeling at times is a lack of physical diversity.  Give me your short, fat, tall and heavily muscled.  Physical diversity works particularly well with the WWE house tier-based style and should be encouraged.

2 minutes ago, Goodear said:

Great, one of the things that makes women's wrestling a bit more generic feeling at times is a lack of physical diversity.  Give me your short, fat, tall and heavily muscled.  Physical diversity works particularly well with the WWE house tier-based style and should be encouraged.

I agree completely.  After a decade and a half of dudes who look like male models, the roster probably has more chubby, bearded dudes than pretty boys at this point.  As a chubby, bearded dude, I'm just happy to see my people recognized in wrestling.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Was it Johnny Ace who was doing hiring during the assembly line era?

I believe so. Anytime that you saw a pattern indicative of lack of imagination or catering to the lowest common denominator you could be certain that the fine hand of the famous flag waver was somehow involved. It's really hard to imagine how such a complete mediocrity at everything he did could have such a long career and ultimately a position of power in the business. The only rationale is that Johnny Ace must have been particularly good at knowing what to kiss and when to do it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

If this wrestling thing falls through, Trevor can always fit right in as a teacher at a local public school.

"Shakespeare was the original rapper!" *does a 630 off a desk onto a stack of textbooks*

• Like 2