DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] JANUARY 2018 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Heads up for anyone going to Takeover at the end of the month - Hotels.com just notified me that the Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium is closing (?!?) so my reservation got cancelled.  Got a room at the next closest hotel to the arena for a $140 premium...  Imagine everything else nearby will be going fast and/or getting marked up to high heaven.

The NXT Charlotte show was a lot of fun, even though we didn't get Gargano/Almas as advertised.  It was the same card as the previous night's show, so we got Gargano/Velveteen Dream instead, which was pretty good.  Dream got a pretty big face reaction when he came out, which he seemed touched by until he revealed he was wearing a Patriots Super Bowl champs shirt.  Some impressively dated heeling since the Patriots beat the Panthers in the Super Bowl over a decade ago.  Gargano ended up giving the shirt a couple of Ric Flair elbow drops before the match started, and in all the shenanigans, Drake forgot to ring the bell.  The crowd started chanting "Ring the Bell!" once they started, which either confused or annoyed Drake and led to Gargano rolling out of the ring and ringing it himself. 

Undisputed Era vs. Ohno & Black was announced as a NXT tag title match.  I'm not a huge fan of Undisputed Era, but they had good crowd work, especially Fish.  After the match, Ohno asked the crowd if we wanted to see more of him and Black as a team.

At Friday's Spartanburg show, The Street Profits won Tino's Maserati, so before their match, Tino offered to make it double or nothing.  That led Moss to asking if Tino was holding back a second Maserati from him, which Tino answered with "No, I'm talking about YOUR car!"  "The Minivan?!?!? But I just got new spinners!"  Of course, that resulted in chants of "Minivan" through out the match, which the Profits won via tap out to double figure fours. 

Lars vs. Roddy was pretty much a longer version of their TV match, with Roddy beating the shit out of Lars and being unable to put him away.

Baszler & Bel Air beat Moon and Aaliyah when Aaliyah tapped to Baszler.  Moon tried making the save but was stopped by Bel Air.  Bel Air was pretty over.  Baszler stared down Moon while refusing to let go after the match and and yelling "Is this what you want?"  Also, Baszler now has a variation of the Horsemen intro at the start of her music. 

3 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Qasbg26.gif

Seriously though..Its too bad that they are running Ontario, when a NXT tour is perfect for a house show tour on the atlantic coast, that they never want to seem to run big brands anymore.  4 nights, Moncton/Fredericton/Saint john/Halifax and then fly out from there.