DVDVR Message Board

2018 WRESTLING MERCHANDISE TOPIC

12 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Had never heard of these before. Trading cards for nick gulas' promotion. 

https://www.tradingcarddb.com/ViewCard.cfm/sid/132044/cid/8807969?PageIndex=1

Imagine the value of a George Gulas RC!!!! Just imagine!!! 

What am I saying? He probably bought them all from the printer himself.

23 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

Was Rax kind of like Arby's?

Yes. Very similar. A little better though, IMO. There’s only 8 left in the country, 6 in Ohio, 1 in Kentucky and 1 in Illinois.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

Was Rax kind of like Arby's?

Yes.  I loved Rax when I was a kid.  The Philly Melt was awesome.  Their menu was mostly roast beef sandwiches but they had some really good stuffed baked potatoes.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

This chat is making me miss Roy Rogers.

The only thing I remember about Roy Rogers chicken is the Hardee's in town selling it after Hardee's bought Roy Rogers.  It seemed like every time you'd go to Hardee's there would just a lot of chicken sitting there under a heat lamp that no one ordered.  I never tried it, it was always a Hot Ham and Cheese, Big Deluxe or for a short time, the pepperoni pizza pocket when we'd go to Hardee's at that point in time.

8 minutes ago, Peck said:

Pretty sure there’s still some Roy Rogers left. Almost certain I drive past a couple on the Pennsylvania Turnpike.

Yeah, those were the last ones I knew were still around, I think last time I went up the blue route to Allentown. I think we had some of the few restaurants left here in rural MD, even thought that may have been 10 years ago now.

5 hours ago, Peck said:

Oh, and to tie this discussion back to wrestling....

7690_C5_FF-_B31_E-4377-8_CC7-0_E0_E8_ADC

I feel like Mean Gene would have been the kind of guy to stick his genitalia in your food if he were in the kitchen preparing it.

If Randy Orton ever opens a restaurant, at least we all know to stay the fuck away from it.

• Like 2

Mean Gene has it in his will that Gordon Ramsey has to play soccer with his severed head and make some kind of dish out of it after he passes away. It will be inducted into the WWE HOF.

On 8/18/2018 at 5:45 PM, odessasteps said:

Yeah, those were the last ones I knew were still around, I think last time I went up the blue route to Allentown. I think we had some of the few restaurants left here in rural MD, even thought that may have been 10 years ago now.

There's a few stand alone stores in NJ.  I think there are a few rest areas that still have them integrated into them that have not been replaced yet.

10 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

There's a few stand alone stores in NJ.  I think there are a few rest areas that still have them integrated into them that have not been replaced yet.

This. One opened in the last five years or so I think. You get all excited, then eat at one and immediately remember why you never go there. 

God, I loved Rax. I also loved the Hardee's chicken too, that was the main draw for me along with their biscuits. Oh and their breakfast which of course involved the biscuits was always bomb. The last time I ate there was like ten years ago after the Carl's Jr. merger because my friends were going with the more disgusting option (or so I thought) of Taco Bell next door. The burger I got turned me off of them forever. 

Looking through the Gulas cards there is a whole lot of guys I've never even heard of alongside Bobby Eaton, Robert Gibson, Dr. D, and this handsome young man: 

132044-8807980Fr.jpg

• Like 1