DVDVR Message Board

2018 WRESTLING MERCHANDISE TOPIC

On 7/27/2018 at 1:38 AM, Happ Hazzard said:

Are these the worst merchandise in wrestling history? Who exactly did they expect to buy these things?

lilstonecold.jpg

1365735490-22361-16.jpg

I don't know, this seemed like a shockingly good idea for merch if you think about it.

Somehow, I would think the Venn diagram of "people trashy enough to like pro wrestling" and "people trashy enough to collect porcelain dolls or collectors' plates" would be larger than people would expect.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'll bet the Venn diagram of porcelain doll collectors and plate collectors would just be one circle.

Of all these, only the Chyna plate deserves to exist because it's a pun and because it's the one I find most amusing to imagine trailer trash still eating their hot dog Spaghettios off of almost 20 years later.

superstars-of-the-wwf-collector-plates-7

• Like 2

Yeah, that's why I put "porcelain doll collectors and plate collectors" in the same breath before- they're basically the same.

Really, with collecting, both plates and dolls fall under the worst category of it:

A: I collect this because I truly love it, and I really don't care if it's valuable or not- I just like having it, and it's valuable to me, so that's all that matters. (Most collections.)

B: I collect this because I think it's going to be valuable one day, and I don't have any sentimental value to it outside of future monetary value. (The reason collections nosedived in the '90s.)

? I collect this because the company that made the thing I purchased told me it's going to be valuable one day, and why would the company lie? What would they have to gain, outside making me buy this fershlugginer thing? (If you buy from the (BLANK) Mint company, you probably fall for this one.) 

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

HHH should really be the one to buy the Chyna plate since one can argue it was the end of their relationship that started Chyna's downward spiral.

If HHH ever pulls the trigger on that $11.50 Chyna plate eBay auction, I think we can take that as a sign that they're finally letting her into the Hall of Fame.

I'll bet Stephanie would not be happy about her husband owning a collectible plate with his dead ex-girlfriend on it. That would probably be weird for most wives.

21 minutes ago, Throat said:

I'll bet Stephanie would not be happy about her husband owning a collectible plate with his dead ex-girlfriend on it. That would probably be weird for most wives.

I'm sure she's been exposed to far stranger things being Vince's daughter.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm sure she's been exposed to far stranger things being Vince's daughter.

I'd be astonished if HHH didn't make her watch Chyna's, ahem, adult video exploits with him after she died. Possibly while injecting various illegal substances he doesn't get tested for too.

16 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

Not going to lie.  I ordered that shirt immediately.  

I easily get swept up in nostalgia for wrestling purposes, but purple era Taker was just the worst.