DVDVR Message Board

2018 WRESTLING MERCHANDISE TOPIC

2 hours ago, Peck said:

Hey man, I’m working hard to lose this chunkiness.

It's hard when Planet Fitness has bagel and pizza days. 

Here's another member of the Warrior family. It turns out the Warrior family are like the Dudley's. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That is quite unexpected.

You just have to love a guy no-showing his retirement show. Maybe it was the Armstrong curse that caused Bob to no-show.

It gets better.

We got to the venue 4 hours before the doors open. Had went down mostly cause it was the start of the Bullet Bob retirement tour. An hour later we hear from one of the guys that Bullet is sick and won't make it. 

Doors open for the meet and greet and the fans are mad cause no Bullet. But the promoter doesn't tell them he isn't going to be there. It wasn't until after intermission that the promoter gets in the ring and calls Bullet. Holds his cell up to the mic and we hear nothing. But supposedly Bullet apologized for not coming. But someone had slashed all his tires and his spare tire. The promoter then says that if anyone wants half their ticket price back they can get it after the show. BTW tickets were $5 for GA and 10 for front row.

This 3 older,I am guessing they were mid 40s,guys were pissed. Asked for their partial refund after the show. They got it and were told they were banned from any shows that fed promoted. 

We are backstage packing up and find two of the huge plastic signs they had used to promote the show. Both of which are covered with autographs. One of the wrestlers we have known for almost 10 years comes and tells us "Yea Aeon was gonna raffle those off at intermission. Everyone signed them. But the crowd was small and already mad cause Bullet wasn't here." So we asked and were told we could keep the signs.

The next day we hit a Wrestle Birmingham show. Which was the second stop on the Bullet retirement tour. Now this promoter announced as soon as the doors opened that Bullet couldn't make it and offered to fully refund anyone's ticket. But since the show also had Tracy Smothers,Rob and Ron Fuller,JImmy Golden,Action  Mike Jackson,Chase Stevens and some guy billed as Donald Trump's Nephew,no one in the crowd asked for a refund.

Late that night I get back to my town where my car is parked. Was loading all my video gear up and notice that the sign I grabbed has "Bullet Bob Armstrong" signed on it. Checked online and the sig doesn't match any Bob Armstrong sigs I have seen.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

I think he looks more like he's kind of Warrior in name only.  He kind of dresses like Bayley IMO but with rainbows and shit painted on his cheeks and forehead.  Kind of chunky guy with a goatee.

So basically he's what half the board looks like in their I'm a Hugger shirts.

Josh AKA Rainbow Warrior is a huge Warrior fan. He is mid 40s and grew up loving Warrior. But over the years he has tweaked his gimmick. When he first started off he dressed more like Warrior.

My favorite part of this is Rainbow ,in gimmick,is suppose to be gay. But by the time I got to see him live he was coming to the  ring with his then girlfriend,now his wife. Who was called the Rainbow Princess. And seems like most of the fans knew they were dating.

Anyways still shocked me that in tiny rural southern towns he is a mega face. 

18 minutes ago, Captain Kronos said:

I just noticed the Nattie barbie. And who is that under her, Brie?

Didn't know they made those action figures for girls. 

Yeah, there is also an Eva Marie and a Becky Lynch for sure, but I don't recall who else is in that Barbie-style line.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, kafkonia said:

Lass Kicker is a shirt that should not come in men's sizes.

Little Miss Bliss shirts coming in men’s 3XL always got a kick out of me.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Casey said:

Little Miss Bliss shirts coming in men’s 3XL always got a kick out of me.

Still, there's a difference between "okay, it's a little cringey, but if you're an Alexa Bliss fan, wear the shirt if you really want to" and "dude. You are saying you beat up women with this shirt. I don't care if you're a Becky Lynch fan, NO. Just...NO."

• Like 2