DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2018 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

5 hours ago, The Natural said:

DURoc0XVAAAUt4o.jpg

On first glance one would think "Aw, what a nice picture of them smiling!"  But don't be fooled, for that's the smile that normally occurs right before Braun destroys everybody in sight.  And Alexa smiles because she knows what carnage he's about to do.  So if you see him smile, run the fuck away!

Yes, I know it's just a nice picture of them smiling, I'm just being goofy right now.

• Like 1

Fucking Gulak has got to be the next champ. There are a handful of solid choices, but I have enjoyed his shit so much lately, I'd love to see him get a chance to take the strap and run with it. I don't follow CZW, how was he when he was on top for them? Obviously that's a very different situation, but it would definitely speak to his viability as a top guy.

26 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

Fucking Gulak has got to be the next champ. There are a handful of solid choices, but I have enjoyed his shit so much lately, I'd love to see him get a chance to take the strap and run with it. I don't follow CZW, how was he when he was on top for them? Obviously that's a very different situation, but it would definitely speak to his viability as a top guy.

He's a fantastic worker given half a chance. His match with Jaka at the EVOLVE show @Rev Ray and I caught last year was one of the best show openers I've ever seen... just a fabulous match live.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2018 at 10:00 AM, (BP) said:

Everyone but Alexa looks like they're co-starring in a straight-to-VOD sequel to American Hustle. 

To paraphrase an old @DEAN line that has stuck with me through the years, AJ looks like a landscaper with a court date.

On 1/22/2018 at 9:28 AM, Godfrey said:

I once Powerbombed one of my best friends and he landed right on his neck like I was Toshiaki Kawada or something. Fortunately, we did it on a trampoline so he could walk away from it.

When I was maybe 11, I tried to DDT a kid in an actual fight, right on the sidewalk.  It turned into some half-ass front facelock takedown, with me falling sideways and dragging him to the ground.  But then it turned into a pretty sweet guillotine choke. 

• Haha 5

18 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

To paraphrase an old @DEAN line that has stuck with me through the years, AJ looks like a landscaper with a court date.

To me, AJ looks like a used car salesman I don't wanna buy anything from.

If WWE Films ever acquires the rights to the Boondocks, they're leaving money on the table if AJ isn't cast as a Pimp Named Slickback's white cousin.

4 hours ago, Technico Support said:

When I was maybe 11, I tried to DDT a kid in an actual fight, right on the sidewalk.  It turned into some half-ass front facelock takedown, with me falling sideways and dragging him to the ground.  But then it turned into a pretty sweet guillotine choke. 

The amusing thing is that AJ was a landscaper. That's why he didn't take the WWF developmental deal when offered after the death of WCW. He would've been taking a paycut.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, grilledcheese said:

I am a big Gulak fan but almost don't want him as champ because that damn belt seems cursed

• Like 1

TJP being the first guy with the belt wasn't the biggest mistake they made when launching the division. The biggest problem was having Kendrick be the first challenger and having him immediately dethrone TJP. The first few months should have been title matches with guys who can go-go-go and represent what makes the division special. I like Kendrick, but his veteran-taking-shortcuts schtick was great in the CWC because it ran counter to what everyone else was doing in every other match. But it's not what people needed to be exposed to at the time. At least that version of TJP could have that kind of match at the time. 

Reflecting on it now, Kendrick's reign, Neville's lengthy stint on top, and then jumping to Enzo emphasize everything that's been wrong in the division. Money's in the chase and all that, but how do you get the brand over when anti-cruiserweight cruiserweights are anchoring the title matches constantly? I like Kendrick's work. Love Neville's. I see the logic in Enzo. But they weren't hitting the notes people wanted to hear.