DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2018 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

My thoughts exactly. We're 15 years past the boom period, so for the UK scene to be where its at with little-to-no exposure is astounding. While Alex Shane, Doug Williams and FWA certainly laid the foundations I do think the old Wrestling Channel on Sky was the spark that ignited all of this

It's not just that though. It's the UK feds having enough money (through ticket sales or investors) to be able to provide big names at their events. 10-15 years ago, you would never think of having someone like Steen, Generico, Styles, big household names to indy wrestling fans show up in Broxbourne or Stockport. With ROH doing a UK tour, PWG doing a European tour, it opened up the eyes of the possibility of indy wrestling being intercontinental. 

As usual, the WWE was just behind the curve. Them having not just untaped house shows in the UK but "fairly important" Raws and Smackdowns taped and sent out to you, back home, has helped grow overall awareness. Next time I hope they just dont have the bloody hackney cab and phone box to show they're in "jolly olde englande".

2 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

My thoughts exactly. We're 15 years past the boom period, so for the UK scene to be where its at with little-to-no exposure is astounding. While Alex Shane, Doug Williams and FWA certainly laid the foundations I do think the old Wrestling Channel on Sky was the spark that ignited all of this

Except independent wrestling, around the world, is enjoying a collective boom period....

So much going on here. The Steph Smile. Her Small Wonder dress. Her unsuccessfully giving Xavier the bunny ears while he seems to be doing a Robert DeNiro mugging face. Hunter still wearing leather with twenty seven zippers. That incredible Brain shirt that Kofi's rocking. Big E's the most inconspicuous one and his eyes are bulging out of his skull. 

• Like 1