DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2018 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

14 hours ago, Ace said:

j0hGf6A.jpg

I know practically nothing about Green Lantern, though the 4 Horsemen comparisons have been quite humorous.  This comic panel gave me a solid laugh and forgive me for immediately thinking of this:

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I know practically nothing about Green Lantern, though the 4 Horsemen comparisons have been quite humorous.  This comic panel gave me a solid laugh and forgive me for immediately thinking of this:

Reveal hidden contents

Which immediately made me think of this:

Spoiler

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I'm just cracking up at Hal forgetting about the whole "yellow vulnerability" thing in his fury at the sign.

I think that's meant to show the moment he found out about the vulnerability.  Hal is dumb as a sack of rocks (and an ephebophile, which bears repeating), but he's not quite that dumb.

Just now, Ace said:

Don't make me try to find a dozen other panels showing off how dumb Hal Jordan is. This is hardly the place anyhow.

On the chance you do that if you post them in the appropriate area I'll be sure to check them out.  That would be an amazing topic.

20 hours ago, Mickie Zeidler said:

Hal - Ole

John - Arn

Guy - Tully

Kyle - Flair

Ganthet - JJ

250px-Alan_scott-ross.jpg

There is only one Green Lantern and he's not on your list. Shame!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

I think that's meant to show the moment he found out about the vulnerability.  Hal is dumb as a sack of rocks (and an ephebophile, which bears repeating), but he's not quite that dumb.

Yes.  The panels are from a retelling of his origin story.  At the time, they were giving Hal a "gritty" origin and a backstory as an alcoholic who drove drunk.  He was busy blaming the sign for nearly causing him to crash and he didn't realize that his ring didn't affect anything yellow.