DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Point of order - the PWI story basically is that doctor’s are advising her to retire and that the WWE will never clear her to wrestle again.

So technically she could wrestle elsewhere if the WWE released her (which I doubt they will do)

Fuuuuuck. I feel bad for her. That's a lot of shit to go through, she looked like she came through ok on the other side, and now this.

Although at the same time, we all knew this was coming if you listened to her interview with Lillian Garcia. Paige's neck is beyond fucked up. She can't even turn her head in one direction and has limited range of motion in the other direction. I'm surprised she was cleared to begin with.

2 hours ago, caley said:

Man did I hate that theme, especially the "Move to the music" part.  

Strangely I have a soft spot for that due to playing Smackdown HCTP endlessly... *considers buying a PS2 just to play it again 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

In happier news

I'm very happy for the Kanellis-Bennett family, but my problem is with Mike using that beef to make tacos. He's married to a Greek woman. She should have taught him how to make pastitsio. At the very least, I hope their daughter calls the grandparents yia yia and papou.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Eivion said:

That is a shame about Paige, especially with her only just coming back and getting a decent start with Absolution.

I hope Mandy and Sonya aren't going to be dead in the water now. I'd like to see Paige as their manager.

• Like 3

What's the deal with Mike Kanellis/Bennett?  He hasn't been mentioned on TV for so long, I actually thought he had either been quietly released or was sent to whatever remote outpost they parked Evan Bourne at until his contract expired.  But.... it looks like Mike worked dark matches and house shows until the 2nd week of December, but now appears to be off the road.  Odd.

Just now, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

What's the deal with Mike Kanellis/Bennett?  He hasn't been mentioned on TV for so long, I actually thought he had either been quietly released or was sent to whatever remote outpost they parked Evan Bourne at until his contract expired.  But.... it looks like Mike worked dark matches and house shows until the 2nd week of December, but now appears to be off the road.  Odd.

I believe he had been in rehab for an addiction to painkillers.

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I believe he had been in rehab for an addiction to painkillers.

That was before they actually debuted.

9 minutes ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

W/o Maria around, they probably don't see a point in him being there full time, might as well get some good will by letting him be there with her while she is pregnant.

So guys I was torn about posting this here or in the indy link but this is pretty interesting. Here is a few twitter dm's and texts from Elgin's accuser.  Whoever leaked this may have helped Elgin as this girl was caught in a few lies.  Interesting to say the least.

https://hellofindthetruth.tumblr.com/post/169365466851/so-here-you-are-saying-she-declined-elgin-but?is_highlighted_post=1

41 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

So guys I was torn about posting this here or in the indy link but this is pretty interesting. Here is a few twitter dm's and texts from Elgin's accuser.  Whoever leaked this may have helped Elgin as this girl was caught in a few lies.  Interesting to say the least.

It was already posted a page or two ago and the tumblr has already been proven to be fake (Hence part of the several reasons everyone is pissed at Meltzer)

3 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

The newspaper I work for did a Top Ten Los Angeles Wrestling Moments feature. A little bit of everything here, from the '70s territory days to WWE.

LA Weekly's Top Ten Los Angeles Pro Wrestling Moments

Awesome article, although Lavar Ball on MizTV should have been number 1 lol.

• Haha 1