DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

I'm still trying to understand the logic behind running two buildings. Are they doing anything else from the Manhattan Center beyond the first hour of Raw? Seems like a waste to just spend an hour there.

The 'Main Event' in the Manhattan centre will be Braun Strowman vs Kane in a falls count anywhere match. They brawl around the area and out into the street, disappearing from sight...

Halfway through the Barclay's show the camera cuts to the back (maybe during a Curt Hawkins v Apollo Crews match or something) and BAH GAWD IT'S KANE AND STROWMAN!!! still brawling and now coming INTO the Barclays.

They make their way to the top of the stage, teasing throwing each other off when HERE COMES THE PAIN! Lesnar out with a chair. Takes out Strowman. Kane thrown off the stage.

Pose with the title and go to commercial.

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

I'm still trying to understand the logic behind running two buildings. Are they doing anything else from the Manhattan Center beyond the first hour of Raw? Seems like a waste to just spend an hour there.

I guess the Rangers or Knicks are home next Monday because running the Manhattan Center and MSG makes so much more sense than Barclays. I mean, it's walking distance from the Hammerstein to MSG.

31 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I guess the Rangers or Knicks are home next Monday because running the Manhattan Center and MSG makes so much more sense than Barclays. I mean, it's walking distance from the Hammerstein to MSG.

Neither

It's more that Vince no longer likes doing TV from MSG

Part of it is because he still likes to make a big deal out of the MSG house show (which also only like two weeks ago - another reason they aren't doing MSG for RAW)

30 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Neither

It's more that Vince no longer likes doing TV from MSG

Part of it is because he still likes to make a big deal out of the MSG house show (which also only like two weeks ago - another reason they aren't doing MSG for RAW)

It's also that MSG is super expensive to run live tv from (rent and union labor).

On 1/14/2018 at 4:05 PM, RIPPA said:

Those who report to Orlando on Tuesday to start in WWE are War Machine, Ricochet, Candice LeRae, Kacy Catanzaro, Kavita Devi, Rinku Singh (the former minor league baseball player who got WWE ESPN coverage yesterday about his debut), Shadia Bseiso, Nasser Alruwayeh and Nicolai Salchow (a former MMA fighter). 

Isn't War Machine in prison for eternity after what he did to Christy Mack?

2 hours ago, Dragonzombie said:

Maybe Finn Balor wins the rumble or not....

I'm warming to the idea. AJ needs a dance partner for Mania. Orton, unfortunately, probably won't get that spot two years in a row. Nakamura's not hot enough to merit the spot, thought he may still get it. But Finn finally has a bone to chew on, is getting more to do on TV, and the Club stuff would be very easy to rope AJ into. Plus you've got the intrigue of a rematch of their very good match at TLC, which Finn won. 

Finn wins the Rumble, jumps ship because Angle never gave him the title shot he deserved, convoluted explanation to move the Good Brothers, and we've got a story. 

I'm all for it.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I'm warming to the idea. AJ needs a dance partner for Mania. Orton, unfortunately, probably won't get that spot two years in a row. Nakamura's not hot enough to merit the spot, thought he may still get it. But Finn finally has a bone to chew on, is getting more to do on TV, and the Club stuff would be very easy to rope AJ into. Plus you've got the intrigue of a rematch of their very good match at TLC, which Finn won. 

Finn wins the Rumble, jumps ship because Angle never gave him the title shot he deserved, convoluted explanation to move the Good Brothers, and we've got a story. 

I'm all for it.

Have they said you get a shot at your brand's title this year? They made sure to emphasize that last year strongly.

Which is exactly what they did in 03 before moving a Rumble winning former Pegasus Kid to the other brand to challenge for the title in 04...

Come on Chester, they communicated so much just by pointing at a sign and their dicks. It would normally take the average performer several semesters of Movements courses in a community arts program to pull that off. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

God that was fucking brutal show to sit through. So much slamming of 10 seconds forward

The full Top 25 (Fan vote played some part in this)
25) Mae Young gets powerbombed of the stage
24) 1-2-3 Kid beats Razor Ramon
23) Eric Bischoff is named RAW GM
22) Shane McMahon buys WCW
21) Mike Tyson appears on RAW
20) This is Your Life
19) Test/Steph Wedding
18) Festival of Friendship
17) Edge retires
16) Taker and HHH stare at each to make a Mania match
15) Steve Austin attacks Mr. McMahon in the hospital
14) Shane McMahon returns
13) Jeff Hardy Swantons off the Titantron
12) DX Invasion
11) Brock Lesnar returns
10) John Cena gets drafted to RAW (2005)
9) Mankind wins the title
8) Trish/Lita Main Event
7) Shield Breaks Up
6) Roman Reigns declares it’s “his yard”
5) Austin stuns McMahon
4) Jericho debuts
3) Daniel Bryan’s Occupy RAW
2) Punk “Pipe Bomb”
1) Stone Cold Beer Truck

Is there a diagram or flowchart or whatever they're called, showing what promotions begat or stemmed from other promotions?  You know the type of charts, with a lot of solid lines, broken lines, etc., showing different relationships?  I'd like to see one, out of sheer curiosity.

Granted, if one doesn't exist ... guess I could add another art project on my list.

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

God that was fucking brutal show to sit through. So much slamming of 10 seconds forward

That list is definitely a collection of items conveniently displayed in a numerical order.

There was a lot of wink, wink, nudge, nudge between Graves and Rosenbeg about how "shocking" it was that it was on the list... and then they moved on after two seconds to get to more terrible bits and skits

I was surprised they included Punk. I figured they'd completely wash him out.

Austin stunning McMahon should be #1. I remember the long build to that moment and even before it happened I didn't think they'd actually go there, and then they did. I lost my shit when that happened. When I think of Raw I think of that moment, the Pipe Bomb promo, Benoit and Jericho beating Austin and HHH (which they'll never acknowledge now), Foley winning the title, and Jericho's debut. So in that regard, I guess much of the top 10 they got right, but the beer truck is the most overrated shit. Bang 3:16, Austin invading Pillman's house, and Austin coming to save the WWE against the Alliance are all way better than the beer truck.