DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

22 hours ago, Craig H said:

Here's a question since we're now heading towards Roman vs Brock - Has WWE successfully rehabbed Roman's persona? I was talking to a friend about Brock and Roman earlier and I weirdly found myself not being anti-Roman anymore. I'm at the point where I don't really care and given what we saw with Jinder as champ, there are far worse options than Roman to be the top guy. I still think Roman looks like a doofus, I still like Braun more than Roman, I still think Roman should drop the title to Braun this year, but I wouldn't be disappointed or put off by Roman beating Brock. A year ago I would have said "fuck Roman" and blah blah blah, but now...eh...he's not so bad.

I want Braun to stroll in and knock both the fuck out so the match is a draw.

2 hours ago, (BP) said:

Selling her first appearance as a wrestler is going to be a priority for Mania, so I don't think she'll work publicly until then. 

I'm curious after WM which woman has to be the gatekeeper and cuts the "You Don't Belong Here" promo before putting Ronda over in her first singles match. I guess it'll be Nikki. 

If it's Smackdown, it's Nattie. If it's RAW, I'm going with Mickie James.

7 hours ago, Captain Kronos said:

Kind of digging on Carmella right now. Does she have any good matches, or she really just about character work?

I enjoyed her feud with Nikki Bella on SDL in late 2016, plus a few TV matches with Natalya around the same time during that period when SDL was on fire. She looked real solid for being fresh off her call up.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

I enjoyed her feud with Nikki Bella on SDL in late 2016, plus a few TV matches with Natalya around the same time during that period when SDL was on fire. She looked real solid for being fresh off her call up.

Excellent, I will look it up. Thanks. 

• Like 1

After watching the Women's rumble match I would really like to see a 5 vs 5 match with the legends vs Riott Squad and Absolution.

I am thinking Trish, Lita, Beth Phoenix, Michelle McCool and Molly Holly.

What would you guys do ?

I am watching the Becky Lynch vs Alexa Bliss matches from late 2016, when Bliss is chasing the SD Women's Title. 

During introductions for the TLC match, I love the way Bliss looks like she just knows they're going to cheer her. The crowd boos, and she looks momentarily surprised. Then hurt. Then angry. All in about two seconds. 

It's pretty great. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Boydy said:

Wouldn't a better booking idea for Mania instead of Rousey and Strowman Vs HHH and Steph how about we have Rousey Vs Asaka or Charlotte and have Cena and Nikki Bella Vs HHH and Steph.

Maybe because the women’s title match as a match would not be as good with Rousey as the opponent. 

3 hours ago, Captain Kronos said:

I am watching the Becky Lynch vs Alexa Bliss matches from late 2016, when Bliss is chasing the SD Women's Title. 

During introductions for the TLC match, I love the way Bliss looks like she just knows they're going to cheer her. The crowd boos, and she looks momentarily surprised. Then hurt. Then angry. All in about two seconds. 

It's pretty great. 

Loved that series, really enjoyed the matches and their promo segs were often killer. The beginning of Bliss becoming my favorite.

• Like 1