DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I could see her working house shows. For anyone that isn't Brock, the house shows seems to be the thing they love the best because that's when they can take it easy or fuck around and have more fun.

2 hours ago, Cyanide said:

I haven't drank deep of the Rumble threads yet, but would Rousey be the first to debut on the main roster since the Styles/Anderson/Gallows contingent? 

Not a bad guess, but the answer would be Mike Kanellis. Also, I suppose most of the 205 roster counts as they all basically skirted developmental after the CWC.

Rousey must be a prodigy to be able to pick up where the hard cam is so quick. Took Nakamura and Finn Balor YEARS. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So they traded Saxton for Otunga.  And then he decided to do a movie so they replaced him with Booker T.  Then Otunga came back and I guess they realize that he was so shitty that they would rather deal with awful Booker T.  Then they replaced Booker with Coachman 

This is one incredible circle of suck we are seeing now

9 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So they traded Saxton for Otunga.  And then he decided to do a movie so they replaced him with Booker T.  Then Otunga came back and I guess they realize that he was so shitty that they would rather deal with awful Booker T.  Then they replaced Booker with Coachman 

This is one incredible circle of suck we are seeing now

Maybe...MAYBE...Just maybe having a third announcer is a dumb fucking idea since everyone they get for that spot sucks beyond belief.

When Booker has been your best 3rd man and Booker is beyond horrendous, then the universe is trying to send you a message that you're just ignoring. Last night Booker said one of the dumbest things I've heard him say, which was something like, "looks like Brock is gonna keep his title." This I swear came right after Brock pinned Kane and Corey's like, "looks like? He just did!" and all Cole could do was laugh.

I think Booker sucks. He's fucking horrible. But there is still something almost charming about how bad Booker is. I'll miss his insane ramblings, sounding like he's going to punch Corey, and then staring daggers right through Corey. I don't know if there was real heat between Booker and Corey, but Booker is crazy enough to make me think there was real heat at least on his end. And Booker is the same going who flipped the fuck out when the Bucks drank one of his Red Bulls.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

The Rock is her rumored partner, which makes sense because he'll be promoting Rampage at that time since that comes out 4/20. 

Got some insurance issues to work through according to Meltz.

Johnson hasn't' been able to wrestle a significant match due to insurance reasons regarding movies he has agreed to do that have kept him from wrestling at last few WrestleMania shows, aside from the few second match with Erick Rowan in 2016.

Here is the Coachman story on WWE.com

Ladies and gentlemen, “The Coach” has returned.

Jonathan Coachman, a longtime WWE interviewer and broadcaster and former ESPN personality, has signed with WWE to once again be part of the Raw announce team, WWE.com can confirm.

Coachman’s TV announcing duties will officially begin tonight, when he joins Michael Cole and Corey Graves at the Team Red announce desk.

Meanwhile, WWE Hall of Famer Booker T will resume his duties as a panelist on WWE’s pay-per-view Kickoff broadcasts and will continue to make appearances on Raw and beyond as a WWE ambassador.

The Coach began appearing on WWE television as an interviewer in 1999 during The Attitude Era as a frequent foil of The Rock, later expanding his role to include tenures as Raw commentator, Interim Raw General Manager and even as an in-ring competitor on multiple occasions.

Following nearly a decade as an on-air personality at ESPN — which included coverage of WWE with his “Off the Top Rope” segment — Coachman is back to call the action on Monday Night Raw.

Don’t miss The Coach’s return to Raw commentary tonight, beginning live at 8/7 C on USA Network.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2018-01-29/article/jonathan-coachman-returns-raw

18 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

Am I the only one who thinks Coach is an improvement over Booker T?

You could replace them all and it would be fine with me. The big difference here is you get is one says the dumbest shit ever and the other one is VKM sock puppet.

I will miss Booker T's love of Elias, and his constant hatred of Jason Jordan.

The only time I enjoyed the three-man booth was in WCW when it was Tony, Bobby and Dusty, and that was mostly because of Bobby and Dusty making each other laugh on a regular basis.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hagan said:

Not a bad guess, but the answer would be Mike Kanellis. Also, I suppose most of the 205 roster counts as they all basically skirted developmental after the CWC.

Ah, good pull. I blanked on him given his hiatus.

I could see the cruisers too on a technicality, but I tend to see the CWC as NXT-adjacent with the Triple H project/Full Sail and Network production commonalities. And the fact they were working NXT house shows in the interim between the CWC and 205 Live.