DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

16 hours ago, L_W_P said:

So good.

Im not his biggest fan (mostly from his look/gear) but he deserves a shot on the main roster to pay back all that work.

If Sheamus' neck is as fucked as been reported, have him drop some falls, with losing the fall in a tag title match being the final straw. After the match, Cesaro and Sheamus argue and shove each other, then as Cesaro backs down, Sheamus turns around into a rolling elbow. Maybe for good measure, leave Sheamus lying underneath the camouflage kilts. The bar has been raised by CesarOhno.

• Like 5

So yeah, I am back into rasslin. It seems to be a cycle for me - Jan thru April. I guess you could say that it started because of Mania season. 

But after a few years, I realized that whatever the reason it begins, it takes me 2-3 months to burn out. Or get a year's worth of rasslin fix. Or whatever. 

21 hours ago, evilwaldo said:

The one thing I would love to know from their numbers is how much money they are making off The Rock and Batista.  WWE gets a cut of their movie money.

Wow really?! Is it like a paying tribute to the godfather type deal?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's not getting anything from them now.

Rock hedged his bets when he first went into movies by keeping ties with Vince for years. Made sure he had the fallback place if things had went more Hogan like.

18 hours ago, Ryan said:

I wonder if his thyroid condition is bad enough he can't even lose the weight at all now. He was quite lean at one point.

If it is, it probably helped him get back in.

Wrestling is a place where if you're going to be fat, be FAT, be beefy, be larger than life that way.

When he was lean or got to problems with his body the last time, he had love handles (which doesn't play as well in wrestling and just looked sloppy).

Now, at least he's a solid fat dude, and there's nothing wrong with more fat guys in wrestling. 

Per Meltzer on the radio show that dropped this morning - the expectation is that Brock Lesnar's post-Mania feud will be with Bobby Lashley (Lashley could be starting sooner than that but that is who Brock is supposedly gonna work)

This has been a great weekend of wrestling and the Royal Rumble hasn't even happened yet. Between Tanahashi/Suzuki, Almas/Gargano, Bucks/Roppongi 3k and White/Omega we've had four MOTYC in the span of approx. 24 hours which is pretty amazing. Where there any big Lucha matches that have happened too? Is has got to be one of the best days/weekends for the amount of greatness of wrestling ever right?

Faby and Shani had a great match.  Borderline uncomfortable at how stiff they worked but Faby drew amazing heat from the crowd as a cocky heel.  There is a fan clip of the last half on Youtube. 

It is nice to see AAA doing more with the women on the roster.  For the longest time, they believed that Sexy Star was the only one who could draw and get heat.  After the Rosemary and Taya incidents, it looks like they reassessed the division and are giving them a chance.  

They may be working stiff to try and get over with the crowd.  In any case, it is nice to see them using the women since spots are open on Impact and Lucha Underground.

4 minutes ago, Captain Kronos said:

With the passing of Takayama, is Minoru Suzuki now the meanest, ugliest old man in wrestling?

Takayama's not dead... unless that happened in like the last 30 minutes and no one is reporting it yet

On 1/27/2018 at 12:39 PM, odessasteps said:

Has this been mentioned here yet? May have missed it while under the weather.

https://mailchi.mp/shoutfactory/shout-factory-tv-presents-the-a-teams-of-classic-wrestling-jodc7g7ngr?e=cc3f082bd7

I watched some of the videos on their website.

"Oooooh, wrestling!.........uh oh, it's Herb Abram's UWF."

• Haha 1