DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

8 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

That's awesome. I really miss them rerunning this on comedy Central every afternoon when I'd get out of high school. My girlfriend is too young to have seen it, and it went right over her head when I said about Jericho "He's hip, he's cool, he's 45"

Last year, when my wife and I were coming up with a name for our son, she suggested Gavin. I could only think of the KITH sketch. 

“This kid at school...”

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

Haha, fuck off Gerwitz. Imagine making this statement 

Whenever people say stuff like this, they never mention the fan base is continually shrinking. 

Or that old "people complain but they keep watching." even though ratings are down. 

I've always been curious about this: Everyone involved in Taker/Foley HITC has always maintained that the second bump through the cell ceiling was a legitimate accident. I've doubted this because I've never seen anyone, including Foley, explain what was supposed to happen next. Presumably they'd have to make it into the cell at some point, and I don't see the point of going back up on the roof without another spot planned. Does anyone remember someone describing what was supposed to happen? I'm almost sure it's not in Foley's books or any interviews I've seen. 

I think it was supposed to lead to them into the cell, the accident was that the panel was supposed to give way slowly to protect Foley but instead it happened as it did and Foley went splat. I think it was going to lead to the in ring portion of the match but then Foley almost died and they had to ad lib the rest.

• Like 1

Just now, Sublime said:

I think it was supposed to lead to them into the cell, the accident was that the panel was supposed to give way slowly to protect Foley but instead it happened as it did and Foley went splat. I think it was going to lead to the in ring portion of the match but then Foley almost died and they had to ad lib the rest.

This - Foley describes it (basically at the 1 minute mark) on Jericho's podcast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hirHH2S9XjQ

Basically - it was supposed to "tear" and create a hole. Foley was going to get stuffed through the hole and dangle there. Then he would be able to rotate and land safely from a lesser height

• Like 1

Possible Mania spoilers per WON about the current plan for the IC Title:

Spoiler

The match will be The Miz vs. Braun Strowman.  

At this point it appears nothing at the top has changed for WrestleMania. As of right now the plan is for The Miz to defend the IC title against Braun Strowman, which is why Miz’s win was as clean as it was, since the IC title will be one of the biggest matches at Mania.

:-| 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm more ok with this than I should be. It's a more traditional career trajectory for (the challenger) rather than, let's say for the sake of argument, the Roman big dog push. There's definitely an argument to be made for the contrary, and it wouldn't be wrong, but if there's any positive to be found in it, that's it

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Hide contents

Yeah this is disappoints me somehow despite liking both.

2 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I'm more ok with this than I should be. It's a more traditional career trajectory for (the challenger) rather than, let's say for the sake of argument, the Roman big dog push. There's definitely an argument to be made for the contrary, and it wouldn't be wrong, but if there's any positive to be found in it, that's it

There's that and it's shockingly in continuity with past angles. I'm 100% for this as long as my boy wins. People forget

Spoiler

Braun destroying Miz and the Miztourage and the amazing terminator rise from the trash compactor.

MIZ GONNA GET THESE HANDS

• Like 2