DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

37 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Hmm... Becky, Charlotte and Bayley definitely. Asuka's best (in WWE/NXT) is either Bayley or Moon. Nia's is either Bayley or Asuka. What's Alexa's best match? Paige is either Emma or AJ. 

I think Nia's best matches were definitely with Sasha. No one bumps around for her as well or seems to make her feel so comfortable letting go a bit. Alexa's best match is either that first match with Sasha or the match against Asuka from New Year's Day. Never thought much of Paige/Emma and none of the Paige/AJ matches were good. Paige's best match was probably a tag match with PCB.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

If The Miz says he's the greatest of all time in an interview would people be getting on him about it?   I don't believe so...  

Really though? I can’t legitimately respond in any other way because I’m not sure if this is sarcasm or not. 

Either way if kayfabe really is dead it is fucking with people from the grave everytime a wrestler does an interview and people can’t figure out how to read in to their comments.

5 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I think Nia's best matches were definitely with Sasha. No one bumps around for her as well or seems to make her feel so comfortable letting go a bit. Alexa's best match is either that first match with Sasha or the match against Asuka from New Year's Day. Never thought much of Paige/Emma and none of the Paige/AJ matches were good. Paige's best match was probably a tag match with PCB.

Paige/AJ got a lot better after they flipped the heel/face alignment.

5 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Reigns is great but I'd still have to say AJ Styles is the best in WWE.  

I'd tend to agree with you* but I don't think it's crazy to argue for Reigns

*It's really Bobby Roode

11 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Paige/AJ got a lot better after they flipped the heel/face alignment.

Still don't recall enjoying any of them. The face/heel dynamic i don't think ever really settled with neither really coming across well during that feud. I think the eventual tag matches with them  vs. the Bellas were better.

Also I forgot to mention but I would take the LMS match with Cross over Asuka's matches with Bayley. The Bayley matches were kind of odd in that they were good, but never really felt like they hit quite what they were going for. I honestly prefer Asuka matches with Nia and Mickie over the Bayley matches even if I might say the Bayley matches were technically better. None of them really touch the stuff with Cross and Moon. Really though the Bayley/Asuka matches we need are creepy clown face paint Asuka vs. Bayley.

1 hour ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

And that's fine but we shouldn't expect Reigns to say that, either in kayfabe or reality. Especially on a WWE Network show.

This. Whenever a wrestler is asked "Who's the best wrestler in the world?" the answer should always be "Me!"

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, nate said:

How have I just noticed that we have a "Matt D" AND a "mattdangerously" among us?  I had just gotten over the 8 assorted "Rev"s we used to have.

He's the one who's insufferable in March, criticizing missile dropkicks. That's how you can tell?

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Who is better Asuka?  Sure but she doesn't have the resume.  Every woman there has had their best match WITH Sasha. 

Agreed. Sasha Banks gets my vote as the best WWE woman.

Yes to Bayley at NXT TakeOver: Respect, October 2015.

Yes with Charlotte Flair on RAW in Falls Count Anywhere, November 2016.

Yes with Becky Lynch at NXT TakeOver: Unstoppable, May 2015.

Yes with Nia Jax either from the RAW Gauntlet, June 2017 or August 2017. I'd go with the Gauntlet.

Yes to Alexa Bliss either at Great Balls of Fire 2017, SummerSlam 2017 or RAW August 2017. Leaning towards the SummerSlam match.

Asuka's is against Ember Moon at NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn III. Banks vs. Asuka is my most anticipated women's match.

I can't believe there's been two pages debating wrestlers smugly calling themselves 'the best' and the merits as to whether or not they are to back up this grandiose statement. It's called self-promotion you fucking marks or would you prefer some humble-bumble "Aww gee shucks, I'd say I'm maybe third best wrestler in the world sir based on DVDVR feedback."

heading.jpg

"... erm, well *pushes glasses up on nose* actually Mr. Race, there's an up and comer in Japan who has had more five star matches than you at this point"

• Like 5
  • Haha 1