DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Rosenburg sucks dude. He's so annoying and there is way better outside wrestling personalities to use instead of Rosenburg. Stand up comedian and cast memeber of Sowtime's Billions, Dan Soder is a wrestling fan and he'd be light years better than Rosenburg. He lives in New York too. I like Sam Roberts, he's cool I'm an O&A guy so maybe that's it but Sam doesn't take himself so fucking serious to post a vlog everytime twitter flips him shit. We live in an age where you can pick up your phone and google shit you don't know, Rosenburg could have watched clips of War Machine matches on Youtube and had a little bit of knowledge of him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

He's also suggesting their name be changed because people will associate them with that piece of shit MMA fighter currently in jail. 

Well I kind of see his point but it's also a fucking stupid point. Take the name from that asshole. He doesn't deserve the name. War Machine should be associated with Nordic ass kickers and not some MMA juice head that beats the fuck out of his girlfriend. Rosenburg is annoying, he's one of those WWE fans that doesn't have a vast knowledge of wrestling outside of the WWE Bubble and is hyper defensive about it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

He's also suggesting their name be changed because people will associate them with that piece of shit MMA fighter currently in jail. 

I'm no Rosenberg fan but considering someone on this very board has already made that mistake, he has a point. 

6 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

It genuinely does a lot of good for my self-esteem to see guys like Rosenberg monetize their surface-level knowledge and fail upward. Makes me hopeful for the future. 

Done more with less knowledge: Rosenberg or Shoemaker?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Edit: I believe that's where the whole thing started.

And he thought War Machine (the tag team) was one guy as well. 

46 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

I'm no Rosenberg fan but considering someone on this very board has already made that mistake, he has a point. 

Hold on though, Ones a guy talking on a message board about pro wrestling and one is an announcer for the WWE. 

1 hour ago, MORELOCK said:

Jon Koppenhaver is a nothing. Outside of the MMA bubble his name is completely unrecognisable. "One guy on the wrestling board with a MMA subforum making the connection" really doesn't prove the point that War Machine is a name associated with a violent piece of shit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joseph2112 said:

Hold on though, Ones a guy talking on a message board about pro wrestling and one is an announcer for the WWE. 

Again - wasn't defending Rosenberg or his lack of puro knowledge, just saying that he has a valid point about that potentially causing confusion among fans (which someone else has now confirmed).

Wouldn't WWE change the name solely for trademark reasons anyhow? They went with "Tazz" instead of Taz due to a Warner Bros cartoon, wouldn't major motion picture character James Rhodes prevent them from using War Machine?

12 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

He seems to relate pretty well to other 70+ year old coke users who barely sleep.  One of them even gave his wife a job.

As a former user, we think we relate to our using buddies, even if we've never met them before, on some deeper level and understand all life's mysteries. When you're sober, you realize the only thing you had in common was cocaine.

I once had a guy who was kind of an acquaintance admit to me and another acquaintance that he was molested by his dad as we blew lines at like 4 AM at my parents kitchen table while they were away for a weekend.

Moral of the story, stick to weed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Rosenberg is the fakest fucking fan. I gave up on his wrestling podcast right when Shoemaker left, but by that point, I listened out of boredom because I like something playing while I'm working. So many times Rosenberg would have no clue about what was going on in WWE and now he works for them.

Found this on f4wonline.com:

1 hour ago, Web Conn said:

Soder and Big Jay Oakerson have a radio show on the Comedy Central XM Station called The Bonfire. Bruce Prichard just did a phoner for his live show in New York. 

Hot 97 is a bigger deal than the Comedy Central XM radio station. If you can’t see that, I don’t know what to tell you. Sure, switch out Roberts for Soder if you need the XM radio boost, but everyone from Punk to Reigns to Bryan has been in the Hot 97 studio promoting the NY shows when they’re in the area. I imagine WWE giving Rosenberg a preshow gig is thanks for that, and because he’s a (lapsed) fan.

Y’all out here acting like he’s commentating one of the main roster shows when all he does is Network/YouTube content for the company. 30-60 minutes before a RAW or PPV, and any other thing he does is a few minutes or a talking head spot. Him not knowing indie talent isn’t a big deal - plus he’s a self-admitted troll on Twitter who says shit just to get a rise out of people.

34 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Found this on f4wonline.com:

lol. In character or not, that's asinine.

• Like 1