DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

1 minute ago, BEN! said:

SD could win the female Rumble and then Stephanie McMahon can browbeat the Raw women to set up an Elimination Chamber match for the Raw Women's title shot at WM.

Ooh. Sasha, Bayley, Auska, Nia... Maybe the two healthy members of Absolution? But then poor Foxy and Mickie.

Wow, the division is deep enough to leave someone out. Give one of the left out women the title shot on the show though...

47 minutes ago, twiztor said:

does the video of Barry Windham vs. Nikita Koloff from 5/13/88 exist? it was a tournament final to crown a US Champion. i can't find a date it aired on TV.  a quick YouTube search didn't turn anything up. ideas?

It does, it was on some NWA C show. It was briefly on Youtube as part of Horsemen comp but was pulled before I could rip it. 

• Like 1

On 1/16/2018 at 2:02 PM, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

The Roman PED post on Reddit -- How seriously should we be taking that?

The only thing I'm worried about is if it's true is Roman will get suspended, possibly miss mania, and we'll have to sit through another yr(or at least 6 months) for his coronation. Get that shit over with already.

6 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Ask the Dynamic Dudes

Or Santa.

5 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Without getting too into it, I just want to note one piece of news that is going to make us all miserable if it gains any traction: Roger Stone is trying to convince Hulk Hogan to run for Senate in Florida. 

I'm down, but only if Stone covers up his Nixon tattoo with this:

JlO5sIP.jpg

1 hour ago, mattdangerously said:

Or Santa.

I'm down, but only if Stone covers up his Nixon tattoo with this:

JlO5sIP.jpg

8 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Ask the Dynamic Dudes

Just to add to it.  The Vikings are coming to Philly for the NFC Championship game.  If the Eagles lose, they will NOT be over the loss by the time the Royal Rumble is over.  THe crowd will walk into the building in a bad mood.

• Like 1

I was just watching Rusev vs. Cena at WrestleMania.  That tank entrance is still the greatest thing ever.  I remember being pissed that Rusev lost his undefeated streak here (yes, I know Cena kinda had to win because evil foreigner purposes) but the way they did it was kind of flukey.  Rusev had dominated large portions of the match and the reason he lost was because he ran into Lana on the apron and Cena hit a flash AA for the pin.  Not horrible.  

What really fucked things up is Rusev lost pretty much every rematch with Cena after that and then got stuck in that horrible Dolph angle. 

It really is amazing how Rusev has got over every single thing that's been put in front of him.  He simply cannot succumb to poor booking.  We don't deserve him. 

• Like 3

You know what would make that Cena/Rusev match way better? If you flipped the AA and the debut of the Springboard Stunner. If Cena had to break out a brand new move to put the Bulgarian Brute down, it makes him look even tougher in defeat, and doesn't immediately make that cool as shit new move worthless.

18 hours ago, evilwaldo said:

Just to add to it.  The Vikings are coming to Philly for the NFC Championship game.  If the Eagles lose, they will NOT be over the loss by the time the Royal Rumble is over.  THe crowd will walk into the building in a bad mood.

Not trying to break stereotypes here (because all of the Philly crowd stuff MUST be true, I mean, national media people can't stop talking about it), but was the 2014 Pittsburgh rumble crowd just a transplanted Philly crowd? Because I sure think I remember a few boos there.

1 hour ago, joseph2112 said:

Not trying to break stereotypes here (because all of the Philly crowd stuff MUST be true, I mean, national media people can't stop talking about it), but was the 2014 Pittsburgh rumble crowd just a transplanted Philly crowd? Because I sure think I remember a few boos there.

I was a part of the Pittsburgh crowd. Here are some things to keep in mind

Watch the Daniel Bryan- Bray Wyatt match. The match was good the crowd was hot for it.

Brock-Big Show.  Everyone knew the outcome but the crowd was pretty hot for it.

New Age Outlaws win the tag belts. Again crowd was hot for it.

Cena-Orton  Now keep in mind at Bragging Rights a few years prior in Pittsburgh we had to sit through an iron man between these two. Nobody wanted to see this match again let alone during the Royal Rumble. Cena-Orton had been overdone on TV, on PPV, and especially in Pittsburgh.

The rumble itself-  Looking back there were no really big surprises that I can remember. I think JBL was in but other than that I don't remember anything special at all. Number 30 was about to hit and everyone in my section stood expecting Daniel. When Rey's music hit at first some thought it would be DB with the mask even.  The second we saw it was Rey the crowd lost it's shit. People were pissed, people even left. 

ROH had run a tv taping the night before that blew the WWE ppv out of the water. I can honestly tell you that there were a bunch of fans at the Pittsburgh rumble who will never attend another live WWE show because of the shit they fed us in 2014. 

God damn Triple H was amazing in that clip. 

Sending New Day to do media is probably a really good idea because they are just so damn entertaining. I need to see the rest of the segments they were on.

• Like 2