DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Milk truck was better. Lot of things were better than the beer truck even the zamboni was better the beer truck is pretty forgettable imo. Bang 3:16 was far more memorable.  

The purchase of WCW angle should be higher like top three material it was the end of the Monday night wars and was a totally surreal night.

Kurt moonsaulting off the cage is more memorable than Jeff Swantoning off of high things cause he did that all the time.

Nexus debut angle should have been on there. 

It tells you a lot about how fucking shitty the writing is when no one gave a fuck about the Nexus angle. When you look at it in hindsight, why even do it? It was pointless. Within 2 to 3 weeks it was gutted and then it dragged out until Cena inevitably won. The complete inability to follow through on anything cool is probably one of my biggest frustrations with Raw and a lot of that can just be chalked up to Vince constantly changing his mind. 

And then you can look at when they do follow through on a big angle or moment and see how it's almost always successful. 

3 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

Bischoff showing up should've been waaaaay higher. That was probably the last 'holy shit' moment seen in wrestling

If for no other reason than it was the last time CRZ transcribed a RAW.  Now let's see who remembers THAT!

4 hours ago, Casey said:

Fan vote or not, I'm definitely surprised they let CM Punk get on that list.

They may be warming up to him.  It is nice to extend an olive branch.

As for the winner of the Royal Rumble, here are the last 10 or so years.  When was the last time they made the right decision?

Royal Rumble 2005Batista (Entry #28)

Royal Rumble 2006 Rey Mysterio (Entry #2).

Royal Rumble 2007The Undertaker (Entry #30)

Royal Rumble 2008John Cena (Entry #30)

Royal Rumble 2009Randy Orton (Entry #8)

Royal Rumble 2010Edge (Entry #29)

Royal Rumble 2011Alberto Del Rio (Entry #38)

Royal Rumble 2012Sheamus (Entry #22)

Royal Rumble 2013John Cena (Entry #19)

Royal Rumble 2014 Batista (Entry #28)

Royal Rumble 2015 Roman Reigns (Entry #19)

Royal Rumble 2016Triple H (Entry #30)

Royal Rumble 2017 Randy Orton (Entry #23)

(I am just preparing for them to make the wrong decision AGAIN.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

The Roman PED post on Reddit -- How seriously should we be taking that?

Not very, best I can tell. The guy in prison made a YouTube video because he's selling a documentary. He's trying to throw juicy hints in hopes it catches fire. There's a lot of ifs and maybes, but nothing that would stick if this is all to go by. If it turned into something, WWE's legal team can poke holes in it pretty easy.

I think Mark Wahlberg was also named in the video, so it comes across as a guy throwing darts at the most famous people, even if they're barely involved, to get attention.

Hey, maybe Reigns is roided to the gills. Professional wrestler, former college football player. The possibility is there. Even if Reigns is roiding, he'd have to take a lot to get caught on WWE's wellness policy and that's not what got him into trouble in June 2016. But this alleged story doesn't prove it.

5 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

This horseshit segment was in the top 15

OVU109y.jpg

Maybe I'm alone on this limb... But that was awesome. 

It helps that the resulting match is my favorite in WrestleMania history though.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, (BP) said:

I didn't know this was a thing. I'm only vaguely aware of Conrad from a few episodes of Flair's pod that I've listened to. 

Well he is the second weslthiest man in the state of Alabama.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Maybe I'm alone on this limb... But that was awesome. 

It helps that the resulting match is my favorite in WrestleMania history though.

That segment didn't age well for me, but that match is fantastic, and the video package with In Time might be my favorite one they've ever put together. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Did they book him at the Uso Penitentiary? 

I really hate myself that I giggled at that line.

But seriously, that really sucks for many reasons.  It's awful being busted for DWI as it is, but to have any level of fame just makes it worse.

The Austin/Pillman gun angle not being on the list is fucking ridiculous. 

Watching it again, Vince taking the stunner was pretty absurd, just in the way he took and sold it. He pretty much completely rolls through on it and was shaking like somebody that just got shot in a Troma movie. 

EDIT: Oh, and hearing Lawler screech again makes me wonder how the hell we actually got through the Attitude Era without changing the channel every time

2 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

The Austin/Pillman gun angle not being on the list is fucking ridiculous. 

I'm actually fine with it being off.  I think the story was that Vince was certain this was the angle that was going to pop a big number.  And it only did like a small tick upwards.  And Nitro still killed them.  And then USA got pissed over the whole thing so they ended up backpedaling.  Probably the same reason Nexus wasn't on.  Pissed off the people paying the bills.