DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

For those who haven't seen (and this has been expected for months) both Meltzer and PWI have confirmed that Ricochet has signed with the WWE.

Meltzer even went so far to say "Ricochet starts Tuesday" which certainly makes it come off like they are stupid enough to debut him directly on 205 Live

I’m curious if he will get a name change. I think he has outgrown the Ricochet name. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, A Guy Named Tracy said:

I’m curious if he will get a name change. I think he has outgrown the Ricochet name. 

I kind of agree with you on that. I think it would be fine if it were, for example, First Name "Ricochet" Last Name, but they don't really name guys like that much anymore (unless there's some glaringly obvious examples I'm missing). My gut instinct was to say at first that he's too recognizable as Ricochet, but then again, they've changed the name of much higher profile guys.

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I understand the concerns and y'all are right but Ricochet isn't the best example.  He's a good worker,  great athlete and not very interesting. He probably does need the promo classes. Also, what is going to set him apart from everyone else in 205 Live?

He absolutely does, though to be fair to him he's a way better heel promo than baby. Him shitting on Taylor at All Star Weekend was really great. One of the most exciting wrestlers who's still figuring out certain elements of the character work needed to succeed in WWE and to be an all time great. He's a frustrating guy to watch at times, because he's capable of some of the best matches out there but so often falls into a meaningless parade of spots. He's at his worst working babyface in a place without agents and paired up against another flippy dude. When he's got somebody helping out on match structure like in Lucha Underground, he is capable of magic. Even PWG Ricochet ranges from eye roll inducing to fantastic. Said match against Chuck was another North American MOTYC imo. This was after a BOLA performance I didn't really rate all that highly. While I think the WWE style and system has become increasingly formulaic to a comedic degree these days, he could end up really being helped by it in a lot of ways.

• Like 1

Shane Missler, the 20 year old from Florida who recently won 450 million in the Mega Millions lotto is a huge pro wrestling fan. Check out his Facebook page. It’s public. If you can wade through the thousands of comments of people asking for money, you’ll see that he regularly would post pro wrestling content before he won that money. 

That means only one thing. WOW is coming back...again. Get ready for more Jungle Grrrl. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

I think the next NXT/PC class starts on Tuesday.

This guy is starting too

Former pitcher Rinku Singh, whose story inspired the movie “Million Dollar Arm,” is now trying his hand in a different form of athletics and entertainment.

As first reported by ESPN, the 6-foot-3, 256-pound left-hander from Bhadohi, India has signed a developmental deal with World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE). The WWE’s website has since confirmed the signing, adding that Singh will report to their Performance Center in Orlando, Fla on Tuesday. 

To summarize

Those who report to Orlando on Tuesday to start in WWE are War Machine, Ricochet, Candice LeRae, Kacy Catanzaro, Kavita Devi, Rinku Singh (the former minor league baseball player who got WWE ESPN coverage yesterday about his debut), Shadia Bseiso, Nasser Alruwayeh and Nicolai Salchow (a former MMA fighter).