DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I hope Mandy and Sonya aren't going to be dead in the water now. I'd like to see Paige as their manager.

Mandy should be alright, it's more Sonya I'd be worried about.  But both Absolution and the Riott Squad has lost their lustre, since they've already been defeated in matches.

Turn the injury into a chance to make money. Paige stays to manage, and brings in someone to seek revenge on Sasha for ending her career. My vote would be for Nikki Cross to come up from NXT as Paige's mercenary. 

No, no no... you bring in Saraya Knight to beat the crap outta Sasha for revenge for her injured daughter!

Just have Saraya go batshit insane on everyone to the point where evn Paie is like "Um... Mum, its ok... really" Saraya attacks Paige to show how out of control she is, leading ot Asuka making the save... yah I just want an excuse  for a Saraya/Asuke match

James

Just now, J.H. said:

No, no no... you bring in Saraya Knight to beat the crap outta Sasha for revenge for her injured daughter!

Just have Saraya go batshit insane on everyone to the point where evn Paie is like "Um... Mum, its ok... really" Saraya attacks Paige to show how out of control she is, leading ot Asuka making the save... yah I just want an excuse  for a Saraya/Asuke match

James

What do you have against Asuka to wish carrying Saraya on her?

For those who haven't seen (and this has been expected for months) both Meltzer and PWI have confirmed that Ricochet has signed with the WWE.

Meltzer even went so far to say "Ricochet starts Tuesday" which certainly makes it come off like they are stupid enough to debut him directly on 205 Live

51 minutes ago, joseph2112 said:

So he either starts on 205 live or has to learn how to be a pro wrestler. Got it. 

Not all the classes involve in ring basics... I mean, I bet there are classes that teach, you know, how to conduct yourself on social media. Everyone needs that nowadays.

10 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Cornette's latest podcast about the last days of Crockett was a great listen. I can't stand Jim's takes on modern stuff, but he's a treasure trove for old school info and stories.

The ones where he goes day by day of a month have been good listens. 

Also this week, he mentioned Kenny Bolin's mother passed away. 

36 minutes ago, turk128 said:

Not all the classes involve in ring basics... I mean, I bet there are classes that teach, you know, how to conduct yourself on social media. Everyone needs that nowadays.

I feel like on Breaking Ground they talked about having a range of classes from beginner to expert.

I wish WWE owned a MLB team so I could see them sign Bryce Harper next offseason and send him to their AAA team for a year to get him ready for the big club.

28 minutes ago, sabremike said:

I wish WWE owned a MLB team so I could see them sign Bryce Harper next offseason and send him to their AAA team for a year to get him ready for the big club.

... and then Vince would decide he didn't get Harper and would call up....um.... Jorge González to bat cleanup instead.

For some reason, though, i now wish Bryce Harper could join Perros del Mal.

• Like 1

Shout Factory on Roku has old UWF stuff.  I remember watching this when I was younger.  Considerably cringeworthy for a lot of reasons, but fun to see the Snuka/Cactus lumberjack match.  "Things like this shouldn't happen in America!"