DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

13 hours ago, Hagan said:

I guess Big Dave went the full 5 on Omega/Jericho. Got no complaints there, but wrestling Twitter flipping out about his "Omega bias" should be fun.

Edit: if Wiki is to be believed this is Jerichos FIRST five star match and Omega's SIXTH five (and over) since 2016. 

Omega used that in one of his promos during the build. Something like "You've never had a six star match... hell I don't even think you've had a five!"

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

John Cena needs to comment on whatever the fuck is going on with his hair

This was from July I think when he was growing his hair out for whatever Transformers movie he was in.

FYI, regarding that Tumblr, it's just the same pics posted multiple times with nothing intelligible said about any of them. It's just the same "she's making this stuff up" bullshit over and over again and none of those pictures actually show she made anything up. I can't believe Dave would be so dumb to use this Twitter as any kind of proof...

No, wait, yes, Dave is this dumb.

No matter what you think of the Elgin situation, there is no excuse not to talk to every party involved. 

That was the big problem found with that Rolling Stone story about the University Of Virginia. The reporter outright refused to talk to anyone accused. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Omega used that in one of his promos during the build. Something like "You've never had a six star match... hell I don't even think you've had a five!"

"WOOOO! Let me tell you Steamboat, the only five star match you ever had was with me and it's because WOOO I carried you to it."

*ahem* yeah...

88d7cf1fc40a768741928dc42e49260c6a6ddf8e

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

One step closer to my dream Dusty Finish of over turning a tag title change due to replay review showing the hot tag “didn’t complete the process” of grabbing the tag rope and thus never being the legal man

The tag-rope was still moving when his hand crossed the plane of the rope to make the tag. Therefore, the tag is incomplete and the ruling in the ring has been reversed. The winners and still WWE Tag-Team Champions, Danny Amendola and Chris Hogan.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Casey said:

I mean, yeah, Flair wouldn't mention star ratings for a match of his while cutting a promo - but he'd word it differently while still basically saying the same thing Omega did.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"WELL Y'KNOW SOMETHIN MEAN GENE! When Dave Meltzer gave me and Andre a -4 star rating and called it the worst worked match of the year, it really rattled my cage brother. Despite selling out the Pontiac Silverdome, despite 93,173 Hulkamaniacs feeling me slam the giant as the tremors rattled the rafters brother, I've got to wonder - what do I have to do to appeal to the Meltzer-maniacs? So let me tell you Mean Gene, from this day forward, I'm gonna make it my aim to get a six star match out of anyone who wants to challenge me for the belt brother."

I could do these all day.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

I could do these all day.

Omega being so openly star obsessed is a bit strange, but the feud began with Jericho specifically lauding his skills as a performer, while claiming that he's a better one. So, Omega attempted to counter the argument he made. Context matters, here. It's also worth noting: People in real sports--soccer, boxing, etc.--brag about the entertainment quality of their winning all the time, so saying you have good matches isn't flagrantly "business exposing" to me.