DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

4 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

Good and Bix Article aren't generally used in the same sentence, especially when things WWE are concerned.

I don't always agree with him re:WWE, but I thought this one was well-done/made sense. 

On 1/9/2018 at 3:09 PM, MonteCarl said:

Even if this co-worker did come across old footage of Missy, it's not like she looks anything like she did back then now anyway, so he'd probably think it was just a coincidence that this "old wrestling chick" and that lady he works with have the same name.

Depends, is she known around work as Melissa Hiatt, or Missy Hiatt? But for all we know, the different spellings of last names is enough to throw off this guy.

Those halftime wrestling matches at the Grizzles have to be considered dangerous because of where the ring is.  I mean if the ropes break they are dead.  Guarantee nobody is doing a top rope move and not just because the majority age of the wrestlers in these are about 60.    I have always said it is like putting a wrestling ring on a scaffold.

So, it's the same amount of big bumps as a Memphis studio match, with the added possibility of falling to doom?

I guess Big Dave went the full 5 on Omega/Jericho. Got no complaints there, but wrestling Twitter flipping out about his "Omega bias" should be fun.

Edit: if Wiki is to be believed this is Jerichos FIRST five star match and Omega's SIXTH five (and over) since 2016. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hagan said:

I guess Big Dave went the full 5 on Omega/Jericho. Got no complaints there, but wrestling Twitter flipping out about his "Omega bias" should be fun.

Edit: if Wiki is to be believed this is Jerichos FIRST five star match and Omega's SIXTH five (and over) since 2016. 

Can't believe people rated rasslin' matches with star ratings.

Take it FWIW but there's rumours going around that WWE might be jumping to Fox and/or that Fox might attempt to buy out WWE completely. 

WWE would potentially replace UFC if they don't renew their deal with Fox. 

The report also speculates that Fox could purchase WWE in its entirety in order to avoid having to constantly renegotiate TV deals thanks to that sweet sweet Disney money.

4 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

Take it FWIW but there's rumours going around that WWE might be jumping to Fox and/or that Fox might attempt to buy out WWE completely. 

The report also speculates that Fox could purchase WWE in its entirety in order to avoid having to constantly renegotiate TV deals thanks to that sweet sweet Disney money.

This is interesting news. It would certainly help raise the profile of FS1, but that would likely throw the ESPN relationship into turmoil.

11 minutes ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

I frequently forget that FS! is even a thing.

I don't think putting WWE on would help that any.

Raw would at least wind up on Fox per the speculation. This also all stems from the Wrestling Observer since Dave had a write up about it. Something that hasn't been mentioned is that Vince isn't ready to give up his ownership yet and would probably only do so once the stock hits a high enough price. The thought internally is that the stock price could go up to $40 with a new TV deal and at that point Vince could start selling off more of his shares, but still not enough to lose his majority stake.

3 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

"Coming up next on Hannity:  Sebastian Gorka will join us to discuss the rising tensions between Daniel Bryan and Shane McMahon, and how Hillary's Uranium One deal caused it."

• Like 6

Just now, nofuture said:

Can they at least get Mike Pereira to come in to give his opinion on any dicey ref decisions?

One step closer to my dream Dusty Finish of over turning a tag title change due to replay review showing the hot tag “didn’t complete the process” of grabbing the tag rope and thus never being the legal man

• Like 2
  • Haha 3