DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

19 hours ago, JohnnyJ said:

Has anyone ever gone to one of the nxt developmental shows down in florida? Worth attending? What's the atmosphere like? How long do they run?

I went to one in Orlando over a year ago and it was fun. It was about an hour and half to an hour and fourty-five minutes to two hours long and the matches were kept short and simple.

They don’t announce the cards or anything and the matches just happen at the event, so there’s a good chance you won’t know what the card will look like until the walkouts.

I remember Bayley vs. Emma being the unannounced main event made that night.

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I shouldn’t be amused as I am by the SDL house show being in Alabama tonight

Guess they wanted to make sure a dozen people showed up

Well it's not like it anyone had a reasonable expectation that Alabama would be in the finals tonight, right?

• Haha 3

For those not following in the WWE folder

Samoa Joe is hurt... again

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/article/samoa-joe-injured?sf178726682=1

“During his match, [Samoa Joe] felt a pop at the bottom of his

foot,” explained WWE Senior Ringside Physician Dr. Chris Amann. “We took a look and believe he has a plantar fascia rupture, which is a thick tissue rupture under the foot. We will get an MRI to confirm. Treatment includes a period of immobilization in a boot with crutches and platelet rich plasma injections.” 

6 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

which is funny because that is my daughters birthday and I remember the night she was born being in the hospital and watching Punk comeback to raw in 2011

7/25/11 is one of my fav episodes. Very good Rey/Miz opener and an excellent Rey/Cena main event with a hilarious HHH/Truth comedy segment in between. Punk's return and first use of Cult was an all time favorite Punk moment, loved that.

• Like 1

Interesting little anecdote - Missy Hyatt sharing how a coworker (who is a wrestling fan) at her legit job doesn't know who she is/was a wrestler

In a follow up tweet - she mentions the coworker is 28 which explains a lot. Oh and obviously you have to ignore the humble bragging

Even if this co-worker did come across old footage of Missy, it's not like she looks anything like she did back then now anyway, so he'd probably think it was just a coincidence that this "old wrestling chick" and that lady he works with have the same name.

When I watched Joe in NXT I started to wonder if he lost a step or two, then he gets to the main roster and I realized he was just saving the goods for the big show and I respected him even more for that but his luck with injuries so far is the worst. 

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Interesting little anecdote - Missy Hyatt sharing how a coworker (who is a wrestling fan) at her legit job doesn't know who she is/was a wrestler

In a follow up tweet - she mentions the coworker is 28 which explains a lot. Oh and obviously you have to ignore the humble bragging

Maybe it’s because when you look up “Missy Hyatt” on google one of the first matches you get is to a video titled “Missy Hyatt describes wrestler penis sizes” and then “Missy Hyatt discusses sexual encounter with Paul Heyman” and on and on all the same kind of stuff. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Zartan said:

When I watched Joe in NXT I started to wonder if he lost a step or two, then he gets to the main roster and I realized he was just saving the goods for the big show and I respected him even more for that but his luck with injuries so far is the worst. 

It just took him a bit to get back into the full swing of things. He was looking good again around the Finn feud.