DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I know these things happen but you wonder if the talent is being run into the ground and that's why everyone keep getting sick. 

Given it's flu season, you could just chalk it up to that. Look how often sports teams get hit with it every year for a couple games in the winter. 

35 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Given it's flu season, you could just chalk it up to that. Look how often sports teams get hit with it every year for a couple games in the winter. 

Also remember that there were fears that this year's flu vaccine is going to be much less effective against the flu compared to previous years based on early indicators in Australia.

Regarding the flu, completely anecdotal, but approximately more than 70% of ER admits at my wife's hospital have been flu related to the point where it's taking up rooms on floors normally for oncology. Apparently it's been really bad this year, which sounds like something I hear every year, but it's compelled me to actually get a flu shot and deal with feeling like shit for a day or two instead of getting the flu and being sick for a month.

17 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Enzo Amore was sent to the hospital today with what the WWE described as a "serious illness"

He put a photo up on Instagram of him being hooked up to an IV

Entire possible it's the same "bad flu" that had Braun Strowman miss three shows this weekend

So are we talking "elevated liver enzymes" or are those two dudes actually sick?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

100% not going to happen

You're probably right, damn your realistic outlook. VKM and Kevin Dunn have no clue what's good.  Pete Dunne and Tyler Bate are the best natural heel/babyface pairing I've seen since Flair/Steamboat. As good as they are now at what 20 and 24? I can easily see them being two of the best over the next ten years. The thing is, they work  a "strong-style", but I've yet to see them do any stupid spots like Kenny Omega does at least three times every match. There's working stiff and there's working stupid and these guys know the difference.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OSJ said:

You're probably right, damn your realistic outlook. VKM and Kevin Dunn have no clue what's good.  Pete Dunne and Tyler Bate are the best natural heel/babyface pairing I've seen since Flair/Steamboat. As good as they are now at what 20 and 24? I can easily see them being two of the best over the next ten years. The thing is, they work  a "strong-style", but I've yet to see them do any stupid spots like Kenny Omega does at least three times every match. There's working stiff and there's working stupid and these guys know the difference.

My eight year old nephew was staying with me and he flipped out for Dunne and Bate. He had no idea who they were and I was neutral on them until seeing the NXT match. But he absolutely loved it. 

33 minutes ago, Victator said:

My eight year old nephew was staying with me and he flipped out for Dunne and Bate. He had no idea who they were and I was neutral on them until seeing the NXT match. But he absolutely loved it. 

It's what wrestling should be. Two cats beating  the crap out of each other while breaking out every move they have and working a faster and faster pace until one of them pulls out an absurd finishing move.

Bates vs Joe down the line is gonna be amazing.

19 minutes ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

I'm tempted to be an ass and quote Ace's gigantic post of blank white space.

That is the 2nd time this week that has happened to someone

I blame the West Coast

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I blame the West Coast

We have all sorts of gigantic blank spaces out here, it is otherwise known as Arizona, Utah, and New Mexico

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I blame the West Coast

It's common that people who are stuck living on inferior coasts blame the best coast, so I'm not mad.

Also, I'm on the West Coast, so I'm too high to be angry. 

Also, you're talking about the Mountain West, OSJ, not the West Coast. The Mountain West needs to stop piggybacking on the West Coast's impeccable rep.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So what in the hell is this happy horseshit with Smackdown having the MATCH moved to a small screen-in-screen with no audio while the COMMERCIALS roll a full run on a larger screen with audio, right in the middle of a match? Have they been doing this regularly or not? If they have, why does anyone even bother watching it on USA anymore?

They have been doing it since at least the summer if not longer.

The do it during football games too (amongst other things)

It’s not like you would be seeing that part of the match otherwise