DVDVR Message Board

2018 NFL Draft

Gonzo

So are the Browns trying to build a pro team that is so shitty that they will get like all of the first round picks so that they can draft entire offensive and defensive lines straight out of college?

8 hours ago, Tabe said:

Or maybe inaccurate quarterbacks who complete 57% of their passes don't get drafted top 7.

I don't think this is an issue of Race. I think both Jackson and Allen were the two questionable QBS of the 5 taken in this round. Jackson put up video game like numbers, but in most cases, those were against bad defenses. He really crumbled when he played anyone of stature or size. Some of that can be attributed to terrible o-line play but not all of it. Jackson needs a team with either an established QB that he can grow under for a year or two (basically the options were Ravens, Pats or Saints), or he needed a team that was willing to completely adopt a spread style offense in the NFL. Plus, I had read that his mother handling his meetings really hurt him because he didn't get as many private workouts and some felt it was hurting his draft status, which I think was shown here.

People are too thirsty to try and make Josh Allen another Carson Wentz just because of the similarities in region. If Allen ends up being good, so be it, but for him to get taken over Rosen was absolutely absurd in my mind.

42 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The trolling of Cowboys fans from various legends will never get old

David Akers will be lucky to make it out of Dallas alive. That was tremendous. 

• Like 2

I have no idea who any of the Texans draft picks are.  All I know is Justin Reid is the brother of Eric Reid, who we wouldn't sign because he kneels for the anthem.  Martinas Rankin started at left tackle for two seasons but is projected to be a center (when we already have four centers on the roster (Martin, Fulton, Mancz and Kyle Fuller).  And Jordan Akins is like 26 years old as a rookie and is a washout baseball player.  I thought washout basketball players become tight ends.  So um, are any of them any good ?

Not sure how I like that the Steelers drafted a slightly better version of Landry Jones in Mason Rudolph.   Maybe a better arm and we know that Jones isn't a starting QB but that is pretty much it.     Eventually they had to get a replacement of Ben 

The Bills apparently raked Josh Allen over the coals before the pick.  Literally reading each of his controversial tweets to him and asking him to explain each one.  

Looks like the answers he gave were good enough.