DVDVR Message Board

2018 NFL Draft

Gonzo

Yeah, we're not going to need this for a while, but I got it started nice and early last year, so why not do it again?

Here is the draft order for the 20 non-playoff teams in the NFL.

1) Cleveland Browns
2) New York Giants
3) Indianapolis Colts
4) Cleveland Browns (from Houston Texans)
5) Denver Broncos
6) New York Jets
7) Tampa Bay Buccaneers
8) Chicago Bears
9) San Francisco 49ers
10) Oakland Raiders
11) Miami Dolphins
12) Cincinnati Bengals
13) Washington Redskins
14) Green Bay Packers
15) Arizona Cardinals
16) Baltimore Ravens
17) Los Angeles Chargers
18) Seattle Seahawks
19) Dallas Cowboys
20) Detroit Lions
21) Buffalo Bills
22) Buffalo Bills (from Kansas City Chiefs)
23) Los Angeles Rams
24) Carolina Panthers
25) Tennessee Titans
26) Atlanta Falcons
27) New Orleans Saints
28) Pittsburgh Steelers
29) Jacksonville Jaguars
30) Minnesota Vikings
31) New England Patriots
32) Philadelphia Eagles

Josh Rosen is apparently hemming and hawing about declaring for the draft because he doesn't want to be picked by Cleveland.  

This sort of thing usually carries more weight when there aren't 3 other options (Jackson, Darnold, and Mayfield) available who could take his place at #1.  

13 minutes ago, Contentious C said:

Mayfield won't and shouldn't go # 1. Or even in the first round. There's a definite whiff of Eau de Manziel on him.

Manziel had everything handed to him and wasn't willing to work. Mayfield was a walk on who had to fight and work his ass off to get to where he is today. Other than both being prone to brash behavior they couldn't be more different.

2 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Manziel had everything handed to him and wasn't willing to work. Mayfield was a walk on who had to fight and work his ass off to get to where he is today. Other than both being prone to brash behavior they couldn't be more different.

Brash?  That dude got got so drunk that he got arrested after being German suplexed by a bouncer.  The bouncers chased him down the street, and suplexed him on concrete, and he's the one who was so out of pocket that he got arrested.  You have to be a special type of douchebag to be arrested after that.

Even with his antics Johnny Football could've been a star but he absolutely was unwilling to put in the work or effort. More than alcohol that's what ended his career. I have no doubt Mayfield will put in the work for the reasons I stated. I just think the comparison of the two by people is lazy.

48 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Even with his antics Johnny Football could've been a star but he absolutely was unwilling to put in the work or effort. More than alcohol that's what ended his career. I have no doubt Mayfield will put in the work for the reasons I stated. I just think the comparison of the two by people is lazy.

I honestly don't think either of them are NFL level talents, but that is just me.  I didn't think for a second that Johnny Manziel was going to be successful in the NFL, and it had nothing to do with the drugs, alcohol, work, or effort.  Neither Manziel or Mayfield are big enough, fast enough, strong enough, or good enough of a passer to play the way they played in college in the NFL.  They are great college players, but I don't see either of them as having playing styles that are going to translate to the pros.  

This is the highest the Packers have picked in awhile. Look for the new GM to trade it and one of our few good players for 5 3rd rounders spread over the next 10 drafts. They will all be failed OL.

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I've heard conflicting reports about this.  Some have said they weren't invited back and others say that they declined the invitation to come back, because they don't currently have a full coaching staff.  

The Jaguars making the playoffs will slightly alter their trade for Marcell Dareus. The Bills received a conditional 2018 sixth-round pick for Dareus in the parties’ October trade, but now that the Jags ventured to the postseason, that pick will become a fifth-rounder, Ian Rapoport of NFL.com tweets.

On 1/2/2018 at 11:34 AM, sabremike said:

I see both sides of this argument, but I lean toward the side that he's not nearly as bad as Johnny Fuckup. I won't even attempt to excuse the public intoxication arrest, he clearly should know better.  It's still not nearly as bad as Manziel being involved in a street fight involving racial slurs being thrown around. But, whole crotch grabbing thing was clearly provoked by the Kansas team disrespecting him with the no handshake, and then the cheap shot on him after he'd thrown the ball.

The Draft (at least the first round) will be aired on FOX this year

It appears that it will just be a simulcast of the NFL Network broadcast

ESPN will still be doing their own broadcast

Sam Darnold will not throw at the combine (instead waiting for USC's pro day)

Supposedly the last time a "top" QB didn't throw at the combine was 2014 when Manziel and Bridgewater didn't throw