DVDVR Message Board

2018 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

I'm not devastated they fired Caldwell, but I'm not really onboard. He is, by record, the best coach the Lions have had in the Super Bowl era. They were literally am inch or two (or a really strange rule) away from being a playoff team.

Given Detroit's history, I struggle to develop confidence they are going to improve on him.

(And it's funny because I was PISSED when they hired him)

4 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I'm not devastated they fired Caldwell, but I'm not really onboard. He is, by record, the best coach the Lions have had in the Super Bowl era. They were literally am inch or two (or a really strange rule) away from being a playoff team.

Given Detroit's history, I struggle to develop confidence they are going to improve on him.

(And it's funny because I was PISSED when they hired him)

Not for their work while in Detroit, admittedly, but i would probably say Ross or Marucci were the best coaches in that time period who coached the Lions.

2 hours ago, elizium said:

New Qualifications: Must be willing to sign free agents and gently massage Aaron Rodgers' collar bone every night.

I just pray they hire someone with the balls to follow the IR rules to the letter and do the right thing... by releasing Aaron Rodgers.

This will probably not happen.

• Like 1

Marvin Lewis may be staying after all. The only reason I don't 100% hate bringing him back is because of the unmitigated joy I experienced on Sunday.

19 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

Marvin Lewis has compromising photographs of somebody. Has to.

OR Cincy realizes every offseason Marvin Lewis is basically the best they can hope for at HC.

• Like 2

Tom Brady will turn to dust on the field from a lack of water in a few years. It turns out he's not a human being, that's why he needs all that water, it keeps him from desiccating and turning to ash.

5 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

OR Cincy realizes every offseason Marvin Lewis is basically the best they can hope for at HC.

Unless I missed something and we are now a CFL team we absolutely can do better.