DVDVR Message Board

2018 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

I guess I'm excited if Nagy looks at what the Saints did and try to do that with Howard and Cohen. Beyond that, I'm not sure what else that offense has going for it. The best thing I can say about Trubisky is that he wasn't a complete disaster and was better than, uh, Peterman.

Anyway, maybe try to get Allen Robinson or something. I say that knowing full well the Bears will probably get Pryor instead.

1 minute ago, BobbyWhioux said:

Ken Dorsey is a fuckin QB coach?

Well okay was but still?

the fuck insight could he possibly have given Cam Newton

Have a perfect pocket and a wide open receiver then hit him for a bomb. 

Maybe Greg Olsen got him the job. 

I mean, part of my incredulity is getting old and thus forgetting that Dorsey himself is finally old enough where he should be coaching even if he had actually had a long and fruitful NFL career.

But I mean, even in the 2004 nadir of 49er football (not to be confused with the 2016 Also The Nadir Of 49er Football) when they had Dorsey they still only started him a couple times.

23 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Teryl Austin will be the Bengals new DC

Teryl decided the Lions were just too functional and successful a franchise for him. 

On 1/8/2018 at 10:32 AM, Craig H said:

I guess I'm excited if Nagy looks at what the Saints did and try to do that with Howard and Cohen. Beyond that, I'm not sure what else that offense has going for it. The best thing I can say about Trubisky is that he wasn't a complete disaster and was better than, uh, Peterman.

Anyway, maybe try to get Allen Robinson or something. I say that knowing full well the Bears will probably get Pryor instead.

I thought the little I saw of Trubisky was very promising. I think you guys are set there for a long time to come. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Teryl decided the Lions were just too functional and successful a franchise for him. 

Uh the Lions are just about the only team in the sport besides the Browns we are able to look down on and say "at least we're not them".

On 1/8/2018 at 2:44 PM, jaedmc said:

Who?

That actually sums up his NFL career perfectly. Honestly, I'll be shocked if he doesn't get cut or traded during the offseason. Unless the powers that be ignore his rookie season that never was, and decide to see if the third time will be the charm.

Now the Million Dollar Question is if Da Bears are going to be able to hold on to Vic Fangio. Ian Rapoport says he's staying, but I'm waiting to hear it from Pace or Nagy.