DVDVR Message Board

2018 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Judging from the Jets owner's position, that's at least 3 that abstained or would have said no.   And yet, the announcement was "unanimous."    

Well, can't have an on the record position if you don't vote...

giphy.gif

• Like 2

6 hours ago, hammerva said:

"God nobody can catch the ball what is wrong with this team"

"Well you see two of our receivers have been deported to Ghana because they kneeled down before the game and our tight end was sent to Belgium for some reason"

So what country would Tebow have been deported too?

Heaven. After all, it IS a place on earth. 

God I'm getting old. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

Maybe I'll just be done with the NFL altogether.

It feels like there's a dozen reasons I already should have been.

Didn't even take an issue of conscience to stop watching Monday and Thursday games, just having hobbies and adult obligations and the games being generally sub par.

4 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Join the club.

Exactly.

12 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

Heaven. After all, it IS a place on earth. 

God I'm getting old. 

12 hours ago, Tabe said:

ಠ_ಠ

My clients are being extremely stupid, so I'm feeling V bitchy today.   Enjoy being members of the Belinda Carlisle Fan Club. 

Seattle Seahawk (and more importantly, former Winnipeg Blue Bomber) punter Jon Ryan has been named one of the Grand Marshals for the Pride parade to take place in Regina on June 16. Jon was always a good guy in the community when he played here, and I am happy to see him stepping up and doing this.

• Like 4

I know Dolfan put this in the Off the Field thread but that is soon gonna get run over with how much the NFL bends over for the President so...

Giants GM Dave Gettleman has been diagnosed with lymphoma

He will work as much as possible while getting treatment

I am weirdly (but not weirdly) emotional about this so I am just gonna say this season is off to a shitty start

• Sad 1

NFL app pushed a notification saying "For an undisclosed infraction," the Ravens have lost 2 OTA's, Coach Harbaugh has been fined $50k, and owner Steve Bisciotti has been fined $100k.  

From the Ravens' statement it may have been some sort of extra practice that violated the CBA, but I can't make heads or tails of what it could have been. 

On 6/5/2018 at 1:25 PM, RIPPA said:

I know Dolfan put this in the Off the Field thread but that is soon gonna get run over with how much the NFL bends over for the President so...

Giants GM Dave Gettleman has been diagnosed with lymphoma

He will work as much as possible while getting treatment

I am weirdly (but not weirdly) emotional about this so I am just gonna say this season is off to a shitty start

This sucks for multiple reasons, #1 being that he has cancer.  I'm also somebody who is into sports for entertainment first, and Gettleman is about as fun of a personality as exists in the NFL and I wanted to spend as much time laughing at his antics as possible.  I hope he gets well soon, so he can go back to inventing and reinventing football one ridiculous quote at a time.  

So Terrell Owens has decided that he won't go to the Hall of Fame ceremony and that he will have his own celebration.   And you wonder why the media had it out for him even though he was a clear first ballot guy

So is TO the first living Hall of Famer to not make his own induction ceremony?

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

NFL app pushed a notification saying "For an undisclosed infraction," the Ravens have lost 2 OTA's, Coach Harbaugh has been fined $50k, and owner Steve Bisciotti has been fined $100k.  

From the Ravens' statement it may have been some sort of extra practice that violated the CBA, but I can't make heads or tails of what it could have been. 

Contact and hitting during passing drills.