DVDVR Message Board

2018 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Also ... the new helmet rule apparently applies to linemen in the trenches as well which 1) I have no fucking clue how they're going to enforce that without calling 5 penalties per play and 2) RIP running game. 

so we can unsportsmanlike conduct penalties to the small list of things that Tim Tebow could do well in the NFL.  Because he kneeled before every game.

Would also like to adopt a 15 yard penalty at any loud sounds during the anthem.  Looking at you Ravens fans

• Haha 1

Actually I am expecting them to roll over like dogs like they have most of the time.  All Goddell has to say is "okay then two extra games on the schedule" and the players will be singing the anthem louder than Sheik & Volkoff in 1985

Although I assume the offsetting penalties with one person from each team agreeing to a penalty is the likely way they will work around this

• Like 1

Okay - I think a few of you have merged stories together. The 15 yard penalties will be with the new helmet rule.

There is no unsportsmanlike penalty in the anthem rule. That part was rumored but then taken out as part of the "compromise"

It is basically if they find you to "disrespect the flag" they will fine the team. (So far I saw that the Jets said that if they get fined, the team will pay not the player)

Among the two trillion bad things about this - there is no definition of what "disrespecting the flag is". Art Rooney already said he personally thinks raising a fist or linking arms is disrespectful. So yeah...

I would continue but the next thing I was about to say would get me to close my own thread and I ain't dealing with it.

Fucking football.

• Like 3

I thought I saw something from York saying that he was going to suspend all concession sales during the playing of the anthem.  That is a good way to shut up some of this faux outrage.  I mean yeah they love the anthem but not when it means I can't get my $10 beer and $8 hot dog when they want it

• Like 1

Got my hating of football on early this year. Unfollowed a few football accounts. I know I don't count because I don't spend money, but fuck the NFL and fuck every single owner who voted for this shit.

• Like 2

I would respond with my real feelings, but the thread would be locked and even someone as long lasting here as me might get banned. I'll just succinctly say "Fuck off" to a certain person.

• Like 1

More info coming out from this fiasco

- The NFL didn't have a formal vote. Supposedly they just polled the owners and were confident of how they would vote and went from there.

- Raiders owner Mark Davis also abstained

"God nobody can catch the ball what is wrong with this team"

"Well you see two of our receivers have been deported to Ghana because they kneeled down before the game and our tight end was sent to Belgium for some reason"

So what country would Tebow have been deported too?