DVDVR Message Board

2018 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

14 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

How the hell would you block them? God damn

The only potential problem I see is that both of them should probably be playing next to a nose tackle.  If they are both ends, and you have a massive block eating nose tackle between them, they could be completely unblockable.  I don't know how it would work if either of those guys had to play nose, or if they put a sub par nose tackle between them.  I think the biggest problem would be that their linebackers kind of suck and you can try to double team both of those guys and get away with it.  If they get Suh to go along with Talib and Peters...that pass defense could be ferocious.

2 minutes ago, Contentious C said:

Say the scouts about the guy dwarfed by cameramen and journalists, let alone his own linemen. 

Look, if someone signs a woman beating, cocaine addicted quarterback, who has never even average, before they sign a dude who took a knee for racial equality...I don't know how much more time I have for this sport.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Look, if someone signs a woman beating, cocaine addicted quarterback, who has never even average, before they sign a dude who took a knee for racial equality...I don't know how much more time I have for this sport.

I don't disagree with that in the least. I'm pretty much in full "watch all forms of football burn themselves to the ground" mode anyway these days.  And the phrase I'd rank # 2 most likely that I'll get to read in the next 2 years is, "With the first pick in the XFL draft, the _____ _____ select Johnny Manziel." Just behind, "Your transmission is fucked."

• Like 2

On 3/19/2018 at 1:12 PM, RIPPA said:

Terrelle Pryor to the Seahawks

I have no idea what he did last year that convinced Seattle a 2 year, $10 million deal but here we are

Well this report turned out to be bullshit since Pryor is going to the Jets instead

That makes a lot more sense

RULE CHANGE SEASON!

Another proposed change is that in Overtime a team can win by scoring on their "second possession."  In other words, Team A kicks of to Team B, who scores a field goal in their drive.  Team A gets the ball, throws an INT, and during the return, there's a fumble that's run back for a touchdown.   Under current rules, it's widely believed the game ends the moment the ball is intercepted, though the actual rule is silent on this.  This codifies the loophole. 

This is called "solving for a problem that isn't there."

The man saved the Dolphins from relocation in the early 90s after Joe Robbie died.  Brought baseball to Miami. And made a fortune based on your late fees at Blockbuster.  

And now his watch has ended. 

4 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Maximum penalty is 10 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

Wait, was Bennet controlling access to the field or was the paraplegic?  I'm not even joking, I don't understand how either of those people would be hired to control access to the field at the SuperBowl or how it is supposed to work if the other is trying to gain access to the field.  

The woman was working. Bennett supposedly was trying to get on the field after the game, was told he couldn’t go the way he was going and he shoved past the woman.

That was from PFT

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Jets have pulled their offer to Ndamukong Suh

In a related development I have officially  pulled my offer to have sex with Penelope Cruz. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sabremike said:

In a related development I have officially  pulled my offer to have sex with Penelope Cruz. 

Tyra Banks tweeted out that she likes guys with "dad bods," I've reiterated my offer to have sex with her.  

• Haha 3

Love the dogshit N.Y. media trying to run OBJ out of town and their owner being a big enough sucker to take the bait. The team would go to shit but it sells papers and that's what really matters.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Ndamukong Suh signs a one year deal with the Rams

$14 million

I don't even see how that makes sense for anyone but I'll have to assume he didn't have a 5 year 100 million dollar contract on the table and took what he could get.

8 hours ago, sabremike said:

Just as well since she was planning to counter with an offer to have her bodyguard stomp you into the ground.

• Haha 2

THE NEW CATCH RULE HAS PASSED!  32-0!  

From NFL.com:

The new rules defining a catch include:

1. Control of the ball. 
2. Two feet down or another body part. 
3. A football move such as: 
» A third step; 
» Reaching/extending for the line-to-gain; 
» Or the ability to perform such an act.

The Josh McDaniels Rule (Playoff Team Assistant Coaches can be hired by another team during the playoffs) has been tabled.

Teams may also now trade players on IR.

Rapoport says they are writing and may vote on a Targeting rule today.