DVDVR Message Board

2018 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So ANOTHER Washington FA failed their physical

This time Bashaud Breeland failed it and the Panthers will no longer be signing him

Altho someone said it was because of a cut on his foot? I don't know if that gives him a do-over when it heals, or how that would make him fail.

1 minute ago, JLSigman said:

Altho someone said it was because of a cut on his foot? I don't know if that gives him a do-over when it heals, or how that would make him fail.

Apparently Breeland needs a skin graft to repair it.  The weird thing is that he apparently had the same kind of injury in the fourth grade and needed a skin graft at that time also.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dogwelder said:

Apparently Breeland needs a skin graft to repair it.  The weird thing is that he apparently had the same kind of injury in the fourth grade and needed a skin graft at that time also.

Ah, that would make sense then. Poor guy. 

I can’t believe the Texans got Honey Badger. I know he hasn’t been the same since the injury, but the Texans have almost never had good safety play. The best safety in Texans history is Quentin Demps for crying out loud. With the Texans potential pass rush of Watt, Clowney and Mercilus, a ballhawk in the secondary should go a long way. Plus a safety blitz every now would be brutal. 

Too bad Danny Woodhead retired. I know McNair would’ve loved bringing him in.

also, Colin Kaepernick was in Houston working out. He was here for the deposition of Bob McNair on the collusion law suit. Hey what better way to show your not a racist by signing Kap? We need a solid backup for Deshaun.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

I can’t believe the Texans got Honey Badger. I know he hasn’t been the same since the injury, but the Texans have almost never had good safety play. The best safety in Texans history is Quentin Demps for crying out loud. With the Texans potential pass rush of Watt, Clowney and Mercilus, a ballhawk in the secondary should go a long way. Plus a safety blitz every now would be brutal. 

The problem is that Clowney is more fragile than my 72 year old bedbound mother. And then he pouts about it. 

1 hour ago, JLSigman said:

The problem is that Clowney is more fragile than my 72 year old bedbound mother. And then he pouts about it. 

Clowney is the most healthy of any of the players mentioned. He gets dinged up, but he hasn't missed more than 3 games in 3 years.

Hey JJ broke his own leg by kicking it with his other leg. The back injury was two years ago!!!

Clowney was relatively healthy last year. The problem was Watt kicking his leg from under his leg and Mercilus tearing a pectoral in the same damn game. 

On 3/18/2018 at 6:28 PM, BrianS81177 said:

Yeah you're thinking of JJ Watt, who throws his back out while sneezing. Though at least he doesn't pout about it. 

I have no idea what Clowney has done to make so many people nitpick him, but he's been pretty incredible over the last couple of years.  He's legitimately one of the most destructive defensive players in the league.  People expect him to be a 15 sack pass rusher, but that's not really what he's asked to do.  He's the guy who destroys running lanes, rampages through your entire screen pass game, and makes everything harder for the offense just by being an unblockable tasmanian devil.