DVDVR Message Board

2018 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Shrieking hot take in the Daily Snooze says the Giants need to shop OBJ. Because getting rid of a player when their value is at it's absolute worst in a total panic is top level asset management. Every GM throughout sports knows this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/10/2018 at 8:09 PM, BrianS81177 said:

I eagerly await all the 49er fans who have shit talked him for years praising him now that he's on their team. Good for Sherman though, I've always liked the guy. 

Apparently Sherman has been getting some shit from Seahawks fans.   His reply:

• Like 2

The fact that the Seahawks willingly got rid of such a talented player seems a testament to what a giant pain in the ass he must've been. 

Bills trade LT Cordy Glenn to the Bengals

The teams flipped 1st round picks - Bills are now picking 12, the Bengals 21st

The Cincinnati Bengals have agreed to a trade with the Buffalo Bills for left tackle Cordy Glenn, a source told ESPN's Josina Anderson.

As part of the trade, the Bengals and Bills agreed to swap first-round picks, with Buffalo receiving the No. 12 overall selection and Cincinnati receiving No. 21 overall, a source confirmed to ESPN. The Bengals also get the Bills' fifth-round pick (No. 158) and the Bills get the Bengals' sixth-round pick (187th).

1 hour ago, sabremike said:

The fact that the Seahawks willingly got rid of such a talented player seems a testament to what a giant pain in the ass he must've been. 

They got rid of him because they were desperately short on cap space. Now with him, Lane and Bennett all off the books they have some breathing space. I don't know what went on in the locker room, but there were never any reports of him being difficult in the locker room or anything. 

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Apparently Sherman has been getting some shit from Seahawks fans.   His reply:

He's been getting shit from the bandwagoners who started liking the team when they started winning. 

• Like 1

Sherman is also 30 this year in a position where... like running back, people hit the wall fast and is coming off an blown out Achilles

He could be great or he could have a giant fucking fork in his back

"QB RACE IS ON!!!!!!!!"

They all take off.

10 minutes later Buffalo Bills GM stumbles out of Port-a-potty wiping wing sauce off his tie.

"Hey where'd everybody go? Guys? HEY!!!! Aw man not again!!!! I gotta get one of those internet connected phones..Hey, where's my beeper? Aw did I drop it in the poop hole again? [rolls up sleeve] Well, that's why they pay me Cheektowaga money."

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Aww... BUT EVERYONE SAID HE WAS A LOCK FOR THE GIANTS!!!!

God - that always amuses me

A legit super bowl contender giving him stupid money sorta changed the equation no?